- You have experience in similar functions in the hospitality industry
- Your attitude is always professional and hospitable.
- You are available for at least 24 hours a week, with no preference of days. 38 hours is preferred.
- You are an team player
- You want to grow in personal knowledge and professional knowledge.
- You are flexible
- You have excellent guest’s service skills.
- You like to present yourself on a luxurious way, you have affinity with life-style and an international environment is your comfort zone.
- You can communicate on a professional and efficient level.
- You are able to speak Dutch and English fluently
- Experience in the higher segment of hotels/restaurants is preferred.
The Conservatorium hotel is a luxury lifestyle hotel in Amsterdam near the museum district. For further information we would like to refer you to our website or keep an eye on our Facebook page for more updates.
Are you interested in one of our positions or if you have questions, please contact the HR department via 020-5700000 of mail to – Klik op de solliciteer-button om te solliciteren –.
For the luxurious Conservatorium hotel, we are looking for an experienced host/hostess to join our restaurant team. For this position, we are looking for an enthusiastic and hospitable individual with an open attitude and passion for food & beverage. The capable candidate is a team player and has excellent guest service skills.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- The Host/Hostess ensures all guests are greeted upon arrival wuth a truly warm welcome. This will also be performed via telephone and email according to departmental standards;
- Setup and maintain an actual guest list per day and make sure all wishes of the guests are answered to;
- Setup and maintain, on the busiest days, a guests waiting list, to minimise fallout and accordingly manage a drop in occupancy levels in the restaurants;
- Welcome and greet all guests in a friendly, professional and sincere manner. When departing, the host or hostess needs to create a positive aftersale to our other restaurants and bars;
- Seat guests in the restaurant and explain to them the following steps of service;
- Answer all questions regarding the restaurants, the hotel and about Amsterdam; local knowledge is preferred;
- All guests’ wishes will be communicated with the (assistant) manager of the restaurants;
- As F&B host/hostess you are also partly responsible for the F&B reservations department, this you will do next to your operational responsibilities. F&B reservations will be part of your job for 1 or 2 days a week, this shift will be back of house and done independently;
- You will be supportive towards the different restaurants and you will assist them if necessary;