As an experienced software engineer, you will work as part of a team to realize and maintain software applications on the Windows platform, primarily in C and C++. These applications are for the automation of our dredgers, as well as the simulators for this equipment.
You will be involved in specification processes and take care of the design drafts in cooperation with the lead engineer. In addition, you will look after the software implementation, testing and documenting, which gives scope for creativity and using your initiative. You will also support both project engineers and service engineers when issues arise with new and existing software. A flexible attitude is therefore important.
As a software engineer, you will work according to the Agile Scrum process. As a member of the scrum team, you will be involved in 'sprint planning' and your progress will be communicated by means of daily stand-up meetings.
RequirementsTo be eligible for this position, you must have the following:
- an academic level of thinking and professional training
- demonstrable experience, and an affinity for dredging and/or hydrographic techniques and applications
- a feel for measurement and control technology
- a good command of the C++ programming language and familiarity with the OO principles
- experience using routine software engineering tools, such as Visual Studio, version management (eg Team Foundation Server), Windows Installer and Doxygen or comparable software for technical documentation
- experience with UML, and a UML design tool such as Enterprise Architect
- the ability to work according to guidelines (coding style and reviewing)
- a basic knowledge of electrical engineering
- the capacity to cooperate with your fellow software engineers, as well as other business disciplines, either as a team or independently
- an enterprising, proactive, hands-on mentality
- the ability to think first and then take action
- a good command of English (German is an advantage).
Terms of employmentWe offer you a full-time role in a highly successful and dynamic organisation in which technology is at the forefront of today’s capabilities. You will have ample opportunity to grow and develop, and your personal qualities and talents will be nurtured. IHC’s excellent terms of employment include reimbursement for your travel costs, an annual profit share, a highly beneficial pension scheme, access to appropriate training courses, and no less than 40 days of annual leave.
Contact informationAre you interested in the position of Software Engineer and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
www.twitter.com/ihcjobs www.facebook.com/royalihc www.linkedin.com/company/royalihc
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.