As a PLC/SCADA Engineer, you will work in the automation and control of dredgers and related equipment. You will be responsible for designing, coding and testing PLC and SCADA software for monitoring, processing, measuring and controlling systems for dredging components. The PLC/SCADA Engineer will work as part of a project team and be supervised by the Project Engineer and the PLC/SCADA Lead Engineer. Your role will also include designing and configuring user interfaces relating to the dredging process using SCADA packages. In addition, it will involve drawing up functional specifications and writing software for SCADA with PLC and other systems. You will also set up the overall system configuration and testing of applications using a simulator.
To be eligible for the role of PLC/SCADA Engineer, you must have the following:
- an ability to think and work at a higher professional (HBO) level
- demonstrable experience with and/or affinity for measuring and control technology, and process automation
- knowledge of and experience with designing, programming and coding PLCs with the relevant packages, and knowledge of the CIMPLICITY SCADA package
- (some) knowledge of process management systems
- the ability to read drawings (electric, pneumatic and hydraulic)
- the idea of working in project teams appeals to you
- good communication skills
- analytical ability and can show initiative
- an excellent command of English, with moderate Dutch skills preferable
- only candidates with EU work visa (residents) will be considered as viable candidates.
Terms of employment
Royal IHC offer you a challenging full time job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
Are you interested in the position of PLC/SCADA Engineer and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
www.twitter.com/ihcjobs www.facebook.com/royalihc www.linkedin.com/company/royalihc
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.
About Koninklijke IHC
As a PLC/SCADA Engineer, you will work at IHC Systems. This organisation develops and supplies standard and custom-built solutions for the efficient operation of dredgers and related vessels. These are deployed in the marine dredging industry and for the mining of alluvial and deep-sea resources. The electrical, electronic and IT systems involve anything from robust sensors to stand-alone and/or integrated systems for service, presentation, automation, hydrography and DP/DT, supported by training simulators. Global life-cycle support - either remote or on location - guarantees durability and reliability. The company, which has paved the way in its sectors for over 40 years, is based in Sliedrecht and employs over 100 people.