For the Europe Office in Houten (Utrecht, the Netherlands) we are currently looking for a:Director Operations. This new position requires an experienced teammanager with experience in organising large events (1000+ participants) and digital and printed media. Ideally you bring experience in the oil and gas sector and have affinity with geoscience.
Job Profile Director Operations
For the Europe Office in Houten (Utrecht, the Netherlands) we are currently looking for a:
Director Operations. This new position requires an experienced teammanager with experience in organising large events (1000+ participants), eduaction and digital and printed media. Ideally you also bring experience in the oil and gas sector and have affinity with geoscience.
The Director Operations, a statutory position, leads the day-to-day operational activities in The Netherlands. These operational activities include the organization of events (conferences, exhibitions and education) and the activities related to printed and digital media.
As a Director Operations you are a leader who is able to help others at EAGE deliver measurable, cost-effective results that make the vision a reality. Importantly, a successful Director Operations requires the skills of sensitivity and personal confidence to tap into the talents of individual team members. While it is essential that the Director Operations brings efficient and effective systems to increase the productivity of the organization, it is also critical that the team retains the creative spark that drives the EAGE.
Job Requirements Director Operations:
• Bachelor degree;
• Experience with the execution for larger Events (1000+ attendees) is a must;
• A team player with a positive attitude, exemplifying our core values and mission;
• Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally;
• Positively influence others to achieve results;
• Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities;
• Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results;
• Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, make recommendations and contribute to resolve the problem(s);
• Fluent in English and preferably Dutch.