Bedrijf: Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam
What are we looking for?
A Breakfast Chef serving Hilton Worldwide Brand hotels and vacations are always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Leerlingwezen level 3
- Experience in fine dining environment
- Achieved Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- Positive attitude
- Highly service minded
- Good communication skills with peers and guests
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work on own or in teams
- Good verbal knowledge of the English language and preferrably also Dutch
- Able to get to work early in the morning
- Candidate must be in the possession of a valid residence and working permit for the Netherlands.
- It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Previous kitchen experience in similar role
- Intermediate food hygiene
A Breakfast Chef with Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts is responsible for ensuring that breakfast and the buffet are prepared and presented to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience while assisting with food cost controls.
What will it be like to work for this Hilton Brand?
In exceptional destinations around the globe, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts reflect the culture and history of their extraordinary locations, as well as fresh, modern expressions of Waldorf Astoria's rich legacy. Waldorf Astoria provides guests the exceptional environment and the personalized attention of true Waldorf service that creates a singular experience.
If you understand the value personalized attention and know how to treat even the most extraordinarily different experiences with the same rich level of customer service, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts. Because it’s with Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts where we promise our Guests a single rich, experience at every extraordinary place they visit. What will I be doing?As a Breakfast Chef, you are responsible for ensuring that breakfast and the buffet are prepared and presented to a high quality to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Breakfast Chef would also be required to assist with food cost controls.Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Ensure breakfast, the buffet, and/or any other meal periods are prepared and presented to a high quality and within company guidelines
- Supervise staff if required
- Prepare a la carte food requests
- Keep all working areas clean and tidy and ensure no cross contamination
- Prepare all mis-en-place for breakfast buffet and/or any other meal periods
- Assist in positive outcomes from guest queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Ensure food stuffs are of a good quality and stored correctly
- Contribute to controlling costs, improving gross profit margins, and other departmental and financial targets
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships
- Report maintenance, hygiene and hazard issues
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety and food safety legislation
- Be environmentally aware