Bedrijf: The Student Hotel Headquarters
Desired Skills & Experience
We aim to create a vibrant international team, like our guest community :
- this internship is only applicable for students
- hospitality minded with an enthusiastic and open approach
- good knowledge and control of at least 2 foreign languages (fluent English & fair Dutch required)
- well-developed social and communicative skills, you are aware of international cultural differences and are able to act upon these
- flexible and hands on mentality. You enjoy receiving and taking responsibility and you are capable of working independently
- strong and friendly personality, able to handle busy (peak) periods
- enjoy working in an ambitious, informal and international environment
- accurate with a keen eye for detail
- at least some hospitality background, preferably in a hotel environment
- living in or nearby Amsterdam
- minimum of 6 months internship is required
What we offer
An internship with flexible tasks and duties in an international environment in a young and rapidly expanding company where the FUN element has a central role. The (international) development of the organization may offer future possibilities for growth and development. The Student Hotel complies with all relevant employment legislation in The Netherlands and offers attractive additional benefits.
Please forward your motivation letter and resume to Dirk-Jan Doek (General Manager) via email: – e-mailadres niet toegestaan – (please use subject : “vacancy Internship Guest Service Manager”). Please include a recent photo.
About The Student Hotel
The Student Hotel is “a comfortable, safe and fun place to sleep, eat, drink and make friends for life”. The Student Hotel offers fully furnished accommodation for International students for 5 or 10 months (1 or 2 semesters). Nearly all rooms have access to a luxurious shared kitchen or are equipped with a private kitchenette. In addition, during the entire year the accommodation will operate as a regular hotel which is available for business and/or leisure guests. A selection of these rooms will be offered for short stay residence; here we focus on expats and young professionals for a stay as from one week up to a maximum of 12 months. In July and August nearly all rooms will be available for regular hotel and short stay business.
The Student Hotel is an ambitious, fast growing hotel organization with properties in The Hague, Rotterdam, and Amsterdam (1.650 rooms). Our aim is to operate 10.000 rooms in European university cities by 2020. New locations are already planned for Barcelona, Paris, Groningen and Eindhoven. The Student Hotel is an innovative, award winning concept. For more information: www.thestudenthotel.com and #tshlife for impression of life at The Student Hotel.
The Student Hotel Amsterdam City has opened its doors in August 2015; this is our flagship hotel accompanied with new design and room standards. The hotel features 571 rooms & suites, high tech classrooms (banqueting), a bar/restaurant, a gym, a spacious lounge and a library.
The Student Hotel will operate about 210 hotel rooms for hotel and short-stay purposes. The remaining 360 rooms will host international students for a period of 5-10 months.
As per now we are hiring:
Guest Service Manager trainee (full time)
In a compact team, you will be closely involved in the hotel opening. Along with the Hotel Manager and Assistant Hotel Manager you will be responsible for every aspect of the hotel operation. Your work field is mainly focused at the lounge/reception area where you will be available for students and hotel guests. The position reaches beyond the guest service duties; you and your colleagues will be the host of the hotel and involved in all aspects of the hotel operation. We are looking for colleagues who are flexible, willing to learn and to develop. It is evident that you are service minded, creative, representative, spontaneous, friendly and fun to be with. You’re role, presentation and character is crucial for our brand experience. Your duties and tasks involve, but are not limited to:
- delivering the best guest service one could wish for
- building relationships with residents & guests
- welcoming guests along with all related administrative duties (check-in & -out, handling payments)
- providing information to (future) guests at the front desk, via telephone and via email
- executing reception duties in the morning and evening
- creating and modifying reservations
- functioning as a contact person for all guests and residents and assisting in handling complaints and technical issues.
- maintaining and controlling hotel security of our guests, colleagues and goods & following up on our house rules & policies
- maintaining and controlling quality, cleanliness of interior and inventory. Maintaining contact with the housekeeping and technical departments
- supporting the operational preparation and execution of departure and arrival of new students in the new semester/year
- taking care of all common proceedings, such as; supporting sales activities and in-house events, distribution of mail and logistic matters with regards to our 570 bicycles