Bedrijf: art'otel amsterdam
The iconic and historic art’otel amsterdam, opened in October 2013, seamlessly fuses art and life in the very heart of cosmopolitan Amsterdam.
Brilliantly positioned in the city centre with the lively Dam Square and Kalverstraat on the doorstep, art’otel amsterdam places guests at the heart of the action. art’otel amsterdam is located just across Central Station and Amsterdam Schiphol Airport is within easy reach.
Within the hotel, guests are exposed to a myriad of artistic experiences. The work of Atelier Van Lieshout permeates every corner, a spectacular 12-metre art curtain displays emotive footage and the 300-square-metre 5&33 art gallery hosts a varied programme of exhibitions from emerging and established artists. Add to that a comprehensive library featuring lectures and publications and a dynamic cultural agenda of events and workshops, and the atmosphere is one of creativity and inspiration.
Each of the 107 guestrooms features a piece of art, ultra-comfortable beds with a choice of pillows , mood lighting and a generous selection of lavish Elemis guest amenities. The bathrooms boast rain showers and luxurious bathrobes and slippers, while an Illy espresso machine, stocked minibar and a bottle of water and breakfast on us all add to the welcome. art’otel amsterdam’s Art Rooms offer a minimum of 25 square metres of luxury, with a desk, lounge chair, multimedia panel, free Wi-Fi, an in-room entertainment system and a 42-inch flatscreen TV.
We’re unique. Are you?
We are currently looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Barback for our restaurant 5&33.
Do you have
- Energy, enthusiasm, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Knowledge of and interest in the latest global cocktail trends
- The competences and confidence to be a true entertainer
- The ability to inspire team to excel in creating the ultimate guest experience
- A strong network within the amsterdam bar & nightlife scene
- Experience in the nightlife/bar environment
- A passion for art, culture and lifestyle
- And a background in a similar function
Key tasks & responsibilities
- Anticipate to guest’s needs wherever possible and react to these to enhance guest’s satisfaction
- Responsible for the creative composition and development of new cocktails, based on the latest trends around the world
- Operate in the bar as an all-round employee
- Assist in other departments if necessary
- Deal with guest feedback according to the company standards
- Actively engage in your own personal development to benefit the business and improve your personal skills
- Consistently offer professional, attentive and friendly service to our guests and colleagues alike
- Ensure a high level of general knowledge of service and preparation techniques, all menu items, drinks, cocktails and speciality items offered in the bar
- Maximise sales opportunities within the bar department
- Develop a solid knowledge of the local nightlife by being aware of local events, the competition and market trends
- Follow all company procedures to deliver outstanding service to our guests
- Ensure that guests receive the levels of service expected by creating an environment where everyone in the team is focused on connecting with our guests
- Proactively interact with our guests
- Anticipate on guests’ needs wherever possible, and to take action to enhance guest satisfaction
- Have extensive knowledge of the company’s security and health & safety procedures
- Exercise care, attention and caution in dealing with guests, colleagues and company property
- Be aware of, and comply with, all relevant food safety acts
- Attend all statutory fire, health and safety training sessions to remain fully up to date with rules concerning fire and health & safety
Human Resources Manager art'otel
– e-mailadres niet toegestaan –