Bedrijf: Clink Hostels
The Key Responsibilities
- Be familiar with all food items on the restaurant menu
- Prepare food products according to standards
- Follow standard recipes and minimize waste to help ensure that the restaurant's food cost is in line with budget
- Prepare food products according to the standard required following standard recipes and minimize waste to help ensure that the restaurant's food cost is in line with budget
- Contact with guests as the food is delivered from the kitchen straight to the guests
ClinkHostels is a social hub for travellers and fundamental to creating a warm environment are our staff.
- Lead and champion ClinkValues
- Be the person to your colleagues that you expect them to be to you
- Train and support new colleagues
- Communicate and meet regularly with the team and F&B Manager to ensure positive and lasting guest experiences
- Responsible for excellent customer service
- be familiar with the product you serve and suggest ideas on making this better
- Be in tune with ClinkNOORD guest comments and feedback and use this back in improving the menus and daily routines
- Use your favourite grandma recipe (or your creativity) to bake the best cake or make the best burger in town. We will be proud to serve it!
- Follow Food hygiene and Safety (HACCP)
- All menus must be profitable and you will have a key role in this. Following recipes, utilizing products efficiently must be your way.
- ClinkHostels are a social hub and part of a wider community; a community of staff, travellers, other Clink teams, the hostel industry and your local community.
- Bring the ‘In Tune’ value to life by knowing what is happening in-house, locally and in Amsterdam
- Collaborate with Clink Teams across the map to deliver excellent guest experiences
- Maintain positive relationships with everyone in and outside of ClinkNOORD
The Candidate - You
We are proud of offering a very good work-life balance in Clink. Unlike many kitchens we offer limited hierarchy and lots of space for own initiative. We want you to enjoy life, have fun at work and not only live to work.
As exchange we are looking for someone smart, balanced, energetic with strong people skills and a big smile. Someone humble but willing to develop and become a part of the stable and independently working Clink Kitchen team.
The candidate should ideally have diploma in food production and a minimum of 1 year work experience as Commis in a hotel or restaurant with good standards.
A comprehensive knowledge of kitchen hygiene practices and occupational health and safety standards is essential. A creative and motivated person with hands-on personality and open-mind would fit the team the best. Someone a little different, who loves the travel industry and appreciates the Clink values, and smiles.
Keep in mind that english is our main language.
We believe in providing an outstanding guest experience for city explorers. Founded by two sisters who share a genuine love for travel, ClinkHostels is an innovative, fast-growing hostel business that currently has two locations in London totaling 1000 beds and further locations coming on-stream from 2015 including 750 beds in Amsterdam.
ClinkHostels is a dynamic, independent business with ambitious goals to strategically build a global brand and become a market leader in the international hostel industry.
The Clink Culture is at the core of everything we do and our values are, in summary: Our Guests, In-tune, Dedication and Difference. Our success is built on having capable leaders and a great team who understand how to be themselves and bring that accross to our guests.
All work areas/roles in Clink exist to ensure great experiences and amazing travel memories for our guests. ClinkHostels is a social hub for travellers and we enable this environment by informing, welcoming, serving breakfast, coffee and cakes and ensuring that guests have an awesome time in the bar when the night falls. The Food and Beverage team are the Vibe curators of ClinkNoord, with full responsibility of the atmosphere.
The Kitchen, where you are applying for, is the key part of our evening operation. The kitchen concept is 'uncomplicated comfort food of high quality and very affordable prices'.
Please note that ClinkNoord is a new addition to our hostel family and we opened August 2015. This offers a great opportunity to someone looking for developing and still changing environment.
The Breakfast, to help the Clinkers start their day
The Café, serving finest coffee and small food all day round
The Bar&Kitchen, where the action happens adn our dinners get served