Bedrijf: Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht
- We are looking for a candidate ideally with a diploma in food production.
- In addition we expect a minimum of 1 year work experience as Commis Chef in a hotel or restaurant with good standards.
- Comprehensive knowledge of kitchen hygiene practices and occupational health and safety standards will be essential.
- A creative, motivated and hands-on personality would fit both the position and Hyatt´s organization culture perfectly.
- Proficiency in English is very important.
Hyatt has redefined the hotel experience that reflects the Hindi meaning of "Andaz, personal style". Local inspirations, simplified luxuries, uncompromised service and leading edge design all create the Andaz concept which is growing worldwide.
Uncomplicated, sophisticated, young-at-heart, genuine, hospitable, vibrant....what do these words mean to you? Do they describe you or even more, the way you love to work and the people you want to work with? If so, then come be a part of the Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht! The hotel combines the best of lifestyle and boutique hotels with a contemporary and personal approach. The hotel offers 117 artistically inspired spacious guestrooms ranging between 27 and 36 sq m and 5 luxury suites ranging from 55 to 141 sq m.
In this role you will be part of the Hotels Kitchen team consisting of the Head Chef, Pastry Chef, (Junior) Sous Chef, (Demi) Chef de Parties and other Commis Chefs.
You will be responsible to prepare a consistent, high quality food product and ensure courteous, professional, efficient and flexible service that supports the restaurant's operating concept and Hyatt International standards.
Your main tasks will consist of being familiar with all food items on the restaurant menu, preparing food products according to the standards required, following standard recipes and minimize waste to help ensure that the restaurant's food cost is in line with budget. Finally you need to be flexible wherever possible in meeting special requests from guests for specific food preparation methods and ingredients.