In April 2022 the acquisition of NN Investment Partners (NN IP) by Goldman Sachs was completed whereby NN IP will join forces with Goldman Sachs Asset Management.
The combination with Goldman Sachs Asset Management creates a platform with approximately $2.8 trillion in combined assets under supervision. Together, we aim to deliver robust sustainable investment capabilities and a full suite of products for clients. We believe our clients will benefit from an expanded product offering, increased access to top talent in the industry and further investment in the area of technology, data and sustainable investing. Three key objectives are underlying to our partnership: excellence in sustainable investing, broadening our investment capabilities and client solutions, and expanding our European presence. As we work together to grow our business, this next phase will also open the door for new growth opportunities for colleagues worldwide.
Your impact as Privacy Officer at NNIP
Our division prevents, detects and mitigates compliance, regulatory and reputational risk across the firm and helps to strengthen the firm’s culture of compliance. Compliance accomplishes these through the firm’s enterprise-wide compliance risk management program. As an independent control function and part of the firm’s second line of defense, Compliance assesses the firm’s compliance, regulatory and reputational risk; monitors for compliance with new or amended laws, rules and regulations; designs and implements controls, policies, procedures and training; conducts independent testing; investigates, surveils and monitors for compliance risks and breaches; and leads the firm’s responses to regulatory examinations, audits and inquiries. You'll be part of a team with members from a wide range of academic and professional backgrounds, such as law, accounting, sales, and trading. We look for those who possess sound judgment, curiosity, and are able to adapt to a changing regulatory landscape.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and ergonomic services to wellbeing and resilience offerings, we offer our Compliance professionals the flexibility and support they need to reach their goals in and outside of the office.
This position is to be the Privacy Officer for NNIP and to more broadly provide privacy compliance support for NNIP and Goldman Sachs’ other European businesses.
This job offers you a monthly salary between €4900 and €7600 depending on your experience. This is based on a 40-hour work week, excluding a 13th month, holiday allowance and bonus.
As the Privacy Officer for NNIP and representative from the Global Privacy Office in The Hague, your responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing and assessing products, features and business activities against privacy requirements and standards
- Incorporating privacy-by-design and privacy-by-default into business, products, new features and technology
- Reviewing and assessing third party vendors, partnerships and the proposed data integrations from a privacy perspective
- Providing guidance associated with the implementation of new privacy and o laws or regulations
- Testing he effectiveness of privacy controls, privacy enhancing technologies, and privacy risk mitigates
- Drafting, editing and reviewing responses to data subject requests and data protection-related queries
- Drafting and reviewing privacy-related disclosures, including fair processing notices and cookie disclosures, for financial products
- Developing and supporting the creation of, and reviewing data processing records and compliance assessments, including data protection impact assessments, legitimate interest assessments and similar
- Drafting, reviewing, and revising existing data privacy policies, procedures and best practice documents
- Developing and delivering privacy and data protection training
- Perform tests of privacy implementation to assess compliance
Who you are
- Expertise in international privacy regulatory frameworks, particularly GDPR, E-Privacy and other applicable laws and regulations and jurisdictional variations
- Financial services experience is a plus
- Relevant academic background and knowledge, eg. Law (GDPR), or Information security
- >4 years experience in Privacy Risk, Privacy Compliance or Privacy Legal / Paralegal function
- Experience performing formal and informal risk assessments for new and existing (digital) products and services from a privacy regulatory perspective
- Strong relationship management skills with ability to deepen relationships and build partnerships across the business, including in Operations, Compliance, Engineering, Legal and Risk
- Comfortable taking the initiative and working across multiple business lines and jurisdictions
- An understanding of digital and retail focused businesses, including new and developing businesses is also advantageous
- Fluent in English
- Certified Information Privacy Professional accreditation or similar accreditation preferred
- Excellent, written and verbal communication skills; highly organized and sound organizational skills, preferred
This role will dually report into Chief Compliance Officer in The Hague and Goldman Sachs’ Global Privacy Office. The Global Privacy Office has team members in New York, Chicago, London and Warsaw. The Global Privacy office works with other privacy and data protection stakeholders at Goldman Sachs, including the Legal, Engineering and Technology Risk teams, Risk, Operations and the business teams that develop and manage financial products and services.
It is important to us that you continue to develop yourself. We give you the space and the confidence to grow in your career as well as a person. We help you with:
- A large (international) network of colleagues who are keen to share their knowledge with you
- The autonomy to set out your own development path
You are more than a colleague and that is something we understand very well at NNIP. You have many roles in life, leading to different choices. At NN we give you the opportunity to select employee benefits that are important to you. For instance buying additional leave days and flexible working hours. In consultation with your manager and your direct colleagues, you are able to work out of any location at any time. You get enough flexibility to adjust your working pattern to your personal needs. Also part of the benefits are (currently online) sports lessons and a special allowance to set up your home office and internet use. In addition, you will receive:
- Collective pension scheme with a personal contribution of only 6%
- 194.4 hours of leave, based on a 36-hour week (that’s 27 vacation days for a 5-day working week) and one Diversity Day
- Holiday allowance and a 13th month, paid with your monthly salary
- NS Business Card 2nd class, which gives you unlimited travel 7 days a week. Do you prefer to travel with your own transport? Then you can declare the kilometres travelled for business and commuting
At NNIP we work hybrid. We combine working from home and working in the office. Teams can meet online or in person. You and your team agree on what suits you best. We have set up our offices in such a way that there is a suitable place for every type of work. The official location for this job is The Hague.
Will you be our new colleague?
If you are enthusiastic about this vacancy and think that you would be a good fit for the team at NNIP, we would like to invite you to apply. We are very keen to find out who you are, what motivates you and what you can contribute to this role at NNIP.
If you have any questions about the vacancy, you can reach out via email to email@example.com
This is a permanent position. A candidate will receive a contract from NNIP and we are not open to interim/freelance assignments and/or candidates or recruitment agencies. Thank you very much for your understanding.