that you are responsible for protecting billions of financial transactions in a highly automated and time critical business environment very lucrative for fraudsters. You are the person responsible keeping Rabobank and its services to customers secure! As a senior security infrastructure specialist you make the difference by applying your in-depth knowledge of the latest threats and ensure the Rabobank has the necessary level of protection in place. At the end of each day you can look back at the good work you performed in cooperation Business departments, IT departments, Senior management and IT Engineers to protect against tomorrow’s threats.
Making a difference
- You are a driven and pragmatic security professional with a deep technical knowledge and experience in (IT) security
- You will have oversight on the IT infrastructure, connections and related IT-systems that support Rabobank business processes. These systems can be hosted internally and externally, increasingly more cloud services are used and fintech companies are involved
- You will assist in the creation of security designs, advise on complex infrastructure projects and changes.
- You will advise business and IT department on specific security risks they are running translated to business terms in crisp and clear language
- You will inform business and IT on the security risk profile
- The team is constantly improving and you can actively participate and play an important role in the way the Center of Expertise Security will develop within the organization
With each other
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. Our Center of Expertise Security brings talented people together to protect the Rabobank. With you as security advisor, the team will consist of 25 security advisors and security engineers.
Michiel, manager: “No day is really the same within security, primary focus is designing secure solutions and advising business and IT on implementing secure systems. These systems are within our own data centers and/or cloud services we are using or in collaboration with partners. Focus is not just on the Netherlands, a global focus is really required. Cybercrime is on-going 24/7 worldwide; our task is to keep the bank safe in the first place.“
Jan, security advisor: “You will work together with IT and with business on their needs and the threats you see to business externally but also internally. This requires an ongoing dialogue with all parties involved and a good oversight of the business domain. It is very nice to have a team of dedicated colleagues in the Netherlands and abroad. Next to direct colleagues in the team we also work closely together with our colleagues in the Cyber Defence Center and Identity & Access Management.”
Customer focus, critical thinking, clear communication, interpersonal skills are clearly essential for the role of security advisor. In addition, it's important that you recognise everything in the checklist below:
- Master, in a technical field preferred in IT/Security
- Certifications such as IT Audit, (ISC)2 CISSP, ISACA CISM
- 5+ year working experience in an IT function
- 3+ working experience in an IT security function
- You have a strong personal integrity and know how to work with classified information within the bank, but also in trusted communities
Growing a better world together
You'll already be aware that Rabobank is a financial services provider for 7.1 million customers in 40 countries. But did you know that we aim to contribute to real change with our 'Growing a better world together' mission? We do so in countless ways, such as:
- Protecting the data and interests of our customers and our bank so that we support the secure development of existing and future customer wishes with good advice, transparent products and digitally easy innovative services.
- Being part of building a rock-solid bank, where the right thing is once again done well or even exceptionally well, whereby everyone takes ownership, is risk-conscious and works professionally
Do you want to become the ideal version of yourself? We would love to help you achieve this by focusing firmly on your growth, development, and investing in an environment where you keep learning every day. We give you the space to innovate and initiate. In this way, we offer you numerous opportunities to grow and help you exceed your expectations, to do the right thing exceptionally well, and to therefore grow as a professional. In addition, with us (on the basis of a 36-hour working week), you can also expect:
- a gross monthly salary between €3.769,74 and €5.384,14 (grade 9).
- a thirteenth month and holiday pay.
- an Employee Benefit Budget (11 % of your monthly salary). You decide how to spend this budget. This may include purchasing extra leave days, making extra pension contributions or even receiving a monthly cash pay-out.
- a personal budget that you can spend on activities related to your personal development and career.
- flexible working times and location-independent working.
- 100 % reimbursement of commuting costs if you travel by public transport! Do you still prefer to travel by car or motorbike? Then choose a commuting allowance.
- a pension scheme, to which your contribution is only 3,5%.
Are you the person we're looking for? Are you ready to join Rabobank as a security advisor and to make a difference to yourself, our customers and to society? We look forward to receiving your application for this vacancy in Utrecht.
Good to know:
- Apply via the button “Apply now”. Responses will be handled in accordance with our vacancy management policy.
- If you have any questions about the specific details of this position, please contact Michiel Monchen via Michiel.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Jackelien Roelofs, IT Recruiter would be happy to answer any questions about the application procedure via email@example.com
- The application process includes screening. Based on the screening procedures in place at Rabobank, we assess whether new staff are reliable enough to work at Rabobank.