What you’ll do
As an analyst at the short term desk you will develop the most effective forecasting models and contribute to short term power trading desk with developing decision support tooling.
The short term desk is part of the department Asset Backed Trading which is responsible for buying and selling commodities in the wholesale market. By optimizing the financial results on short term markets you will enable Eneco to achieve the ambition to further increase the renewable asset portfolio in all countries where Eneco is active. Furthermore, you will help internal and external customers by developing new products.
This way your contribution is key to Eneco in realizing its renewable ambitions and to the leading role Eneco has in the energy transition.
You will be responsible for maximizing the financial trading result of Eneco on the short term markets. You'll contribute by minimizing the costs of wind/solar production and power/gas/heat consumption. With a fast feedback cycle from market results you will continuously find ways to improve the team performance.
The ST-desk team consists of 16 analysts with various in terms of education backgrounds (econometrics, physics and meteorology) and nationalities. You'll will cooperate with traders giving them decision support and helping them in developing trading algorithms, with IT who will support you in retrieving the required data or deploying models for instance and operators who will dispatch the steerable assets.
Is this about you?
You have experienced different learning curves and know how to adapt quickly and make use of new situations. You have the guts to make decisions, you are energetic and you have a positive attitude and drive for change and execution. These make that you realize targets in an environment that is changing more and more rapidly.
You also bring in:
- Eneco Energy Trade is a very dynamic environment. Targets change frequently based on market or business opportunities. We need you to be flexible and focused at the same time;
- Pro-activeness; Initiating improvements and your drive to get things done is key;
- Your approach is analytical but hands-on and pragmatic;
- You have a quantitative MSc and 3-5 years of working experience preferably in the energy sector ;
- We work in a team of 16 analysts and cooperate intensively with other departments. So good communication is crucial;
- Programming/modelling skills.
You will start as an analyst at the short term desk, where you will:
- Develop forecasting models for wind/solar production, power/gas/heat consumption and create insight in the uncertainty of these forecasting models;
- Develop market decision support tooling for the trading desk;
- Analyse results and develop strategies to leverage from available data and optimize the results;
- Design and implement new propositions generating more value for the customer and the portfolio.
As an Analyst, you will work within the Asset Backed Trading Team for Eneco Energy Trade. Asset Back Trading is the portal to the market. We purchase electricity, green certificates, and gas, for both today and the long term. It should be as sustainable as we can make it, because Eneco's goal is climate neutral in 2035. We buy energy through brokers, banks, exchanges, and other energy suppliers. Make quick decisions without a 100% risk analysis - not too bold, not too risky. Commercial analysts and traders work together to make well-considered decisions on whether to take the plunge or not in an extremely dynamic market.
Eneco Energy Trade employs around 150 colleagues at the heart of the organisation. Where energy supply and demand converge. Where we bundle our own and external energy flows and make sure there's enough energy to meet demand. The international team includes several divisions: Sourcing & Pricing, Asset Backed Trading, Portfolio Optimization, Structuring & Origination, Business Development, Energy Operations & IT Management.
Start as an Analyst at the Short Term Desk. This team of 16 highly qualified colleagues are looking forward to meeting you. From day one, you'll feel a sense of confidence in your expertise and the freedom to seize opportunities. With legendary summer and winter events, an annual ski trip with plenty of après-ski action, monthly escape rooms, karaoke sessions, and spontaneous get-togethers, you'll really become part of the family.
Choose when you want to work in our bright, modern office in Rotterdam-Alexandrium, a two-minute walk from the metro and train station, and when you'd prefer to work from home.