In Van Oord we find it very important that we are well prepared at the start of our projects. During the preparation phase we will rehearse our execution plans with so called Rehearsal of Concept Drills (ROC). This method makes use of 3D printed scale models of our equipment to visualize and simulate our execution plans. Together with the project team and a team of experts we walk through the planning step by step in order to stress test the plan. As a result we get a common understanding of the plan and gain insight in the critical phase and unforeseen risks or opportunities in the project.
At his moment we are performing ROC drills for all our business units. Meanwhile we are professionalising and developing the ROC Drill and want to offer this capability to all the project and tender teams in Van Oord. We have an job opening for a Coordinator Project Rehearsal . In this role you will be the lead when it comes to the organisation of the ROC’s, but also as a leader/trainer during the ROC’s itself.
The mission of the Project Office is to bring the best of Van Oord to the projects in order to be successful. The project and tender support department focusses on (to) bring people and tools together in one way of working. Parallel, our ambition is to enable a culture of sharing knowledge, learning, improvement and high-performance teams. Eventually, our people are the ones who create a successful project.Your responsibilities
The position is in the ROC drill team and is part of the tender and project support of the Project Office. As a Coordinator Rehearsal of Concept you will be responsible for the organization of ROC drills with (tender)project teams for all business units. During the organization of ROC drills you will come across many different (tender)projects and people working in these teams.
- You are the point of contact for project teams, you will guide the teams through the process and during the ROC drill you will act as a facilitator
- You are responsible to deliver a standard way of working and build on the professionalization of ROC drills. This requires a network within Van Oord projects and knowledge about the operations during projects.
- You are able to motivate project teams and get the best result out of the ROC drills.
- Higher education (HBO) or University- or bachelor’s degree
- Good presentation skills
- Able to lead and motivate a group
- In between 2-15 years of experience working on projects (related to our business)
- Excellent command of the English language
Working in an international, high demanding and dynamic organisation, with the possibility to truly have impact on our business, people and environment. We offer a complete package with excellent secondary employment benefits. The package includes among other things:
a salary that matches your responsibilities and experience;
allowance for going abroad (based on location and situation of the project);
a pension scheme;
a variable bonus;
extensive learning and (personal) development possibilities;
an adequate travel allowance;
collective health insurance (optional).