At a glance
We are looking for an IT Domain Architect with the focus on the Grid I&A within the domain Corporate Information Security Office (CISO).
The need for information security is rapidly increasing. Especially within a bank, where attackers have much to gain. For that reason we are constantly searching for smarter ways the making digital banking as secure as possible. A big responsibility as there is much at stake.
Do you have the knowledge and insights in the technical (im)possibilities and dependencies of large and complex changes in our CISO IT landscape, to be able to guarantee the safety of our bank- and client data in a smarter and better way? And are you excellent at communicating this to your stakeholders? Are you able to influence on these topics in large groups? Then tell us your story. We are curious. If you are good, you will become better with us. That we promise you!
As a Domain Architect you are a connector. Guarding the scope, technical implementation and quality for solutions. You will be in connection with lots of departments because you are in the centre between Business and IT. As a sparring partner you will help the IT Lead, Grid Owner and Product Owner with the right cadres and solutioning.
Complexity of the job is in facilitating and supporting agile teams (Blocks) where knowledge is required of both application architecture as enterprise architecture so that solutions fit in the enterprise future state architecture.
You will have the overview and support the quality of architecture and you are able to translate this information to colleagues. In togetherness you will create the architecture required and solution to meet business demand. A Domain Architect has technical expertise, a long term vision, product knowledge and soft skills. Your end product is a Solution Intent wherein all your skills come together in a architecture vision. Main goal: simplifying and improvement of IT landscape so that ABN AMRO remains future proof. All activities of the Domain Architect are really based on creation of long term value keeping the future state architecture in mind.
This role is for someone who enjoys working as part of a team of technical experts and being the linking pin between technology, product owners and management. This means that you will:
- Coach agile development teams making the right architectural decisions in a landscape transformation but also able to provide clear guidance when needed
- Help the development teams to cut big changes in small user stories and shippable products
- Cooperate with several departments and sometimes different technologies
- Work together with our security services teams to build a future proof way of doing and being secure
- Next to your job as an architect, you can (and are encouraged) also to do development with one of the teams.
- Informal atmosphere with plenty of room for fun
- We’re ok with making mistakes, as long as we learn from them
You will be working for Technology & Engineering (T&E). Our role is to be the central hub for security related advice and to provide security services to the rest of CISO and the bank. We have about 75 employees with different and diverse backgrounds. We are part of CISO that has over 440 employees that work on all aspects of cyber security of the bank. CISO has adopted an agile way of working where we take on challenges as a team, regardless of hierarchy. We want to be the driving force for security of the bank, our customers and society. Banking for better, for generations to come.
You have a lot of knowledge on both IT as security. Azure/software engineering background is very useful and you are able to identify challenges for our development engineers. Also you will have knowledge of our applications and how they fulfil business requirements and ABN AMRO architecture. A University degree is required as well as 5-7 years relevant work experience from which 3-5 years in a role of solution architecture. We are looking at a person with knowledge in following areas:
- Security standards; user security and application security
- Cloud technology Azure
- Thorough understanding of identity and access management architecture
- Understanding of databases
- Optional: CISSP, NIST framework or comparable security frameworks
- Have a drive to improve the developer experience in our security environment
- You are a star in making connections between various solutions and design workable patterns for teams to develop
- DevOps & Agile way of working
Following competences are required:
- Change mindset
- Communication skills
We are looking for a strong personality with a passion for realising innovation and change. Are you able to translate your vision to people in order to realise change? Are you willing to contribute strategic initiatives and digitalisation? Let us know by responding on this vacancy with your resume including a short motivation.
The mindset of a Domain Architect within our eyes:
- Domain Architects are the connectors within IT and business within the bank. You will connect between teams, IT integrators but also with each other.
- Domain Architects work towards a clear strategy for our future state architecture within grid Channel security. A clear vision is required with a clear argumentation and therewith choices. Also there will be thought of a plan of approach how do realise this vision.
- Domain Architects are up to date of latest IT security knowledge within the area of architecture.
- Domain Architects are there to facilitate delivery teams. They will support where needed and facilitate on the area of (data) architecture.
- Domain Architects are creative, think of solutions and outside the box. They will put in effort to make things more smooth and more clear than before.
Within ABN AMRO you will have the space to work together at a future state architecture for realising the best client experience within our distribution channels and mobile apps. We are eager to learn from your experience and willing to share your best practices. We offer you the opportunity to further enlarge your knowledge. It is up to you if you want to exploit this opportunity!
Equal opportunities for all
The success of our organisation depends on the quality of our people and the ideas that they have. Truly surprising insights and innovative solutions for our clients result from an interplay of cultures, knowledge and experience. Diversity is therefore extremely important to our organisation. To ensure that everyone at ABN AMRO can develop their talents, we encourage an inclusive culture in which all colleagues feel engaged and appreciated.Disclaimer external recruitment agencies
External recruitment agencies need to have a signed agreement with ABN AMRO BANK N.V., executed by a Talent Acquisition Specialist, when submitting a resume to a vacancy. In addition, a recruitment agency can only submit a resume when invited by a Talent Acquisition Specialist to join the search for a right candidate. All unsolicited resumes sent to us will be considered property of ABN AMRO BANK N.V. In this case, ABN AMRO will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.