In this role you are responsible for ensuring an optimal functioning department and managing Returnable Transport Items for the EU market at lowest possible costs. You use your people management experience in using the team's skillset to maintain current service level. Next to this you are the one maintaining the European overview especially on Availability. You will also be responsible for seasonal evaluation and preparation, new transport agreements and monitor repair and manufacturing actuals versus planned.
Main tasks will be:
· Develop and implement departmental KPI's
· Increase customer satisfaction by excellent execution
· Realize (asset) control within all pools
· Define (future) availability of items within the pools
· Initiate cost reductions of all pools (transport, storage, handling etc.)
· Reduce number of items in the pools (and/or increase rotations)
· Realize adequate and proactive data quality management
· Support in developing new pools
· Realize and follow up of costs budget, incl estimates and early warnings
· Active participant in new business cases and implement and manage approved business case
· Initiate improvements within all pools
· Report on regular basis the (financial) performance of the department and individual pools
· Escalate challenges if necessary
· Manage, drive and coach employees on results (KPI's), competence development and absence, also during formal evaluation moments
· Keep S&OP up to date - support the digitalisation of S&OP. Experience in change management is good to have, to guide your team through this.
This international company supplies in specific logistic solutions for the European and American market. This concerns an interim role for around 1 year, possibly longer.
If you are interested in this vacancy, you can apply by clicking on the button above. Your application will be sent directly to the recruiter in charge. IMPORTANT: if you are not yet registered with Undutchables we kindly ask you to do so. Your information will be handled in the strictest confidence and your CV will not be sent to a company unless you have given prior permission.We will invite you for an extensive interview, as soon as any potential job opportunities arise. We will advise you on issues regarding employment in the Netherlands. Then, if possible, we will introduce you to a prospective company and provide support during the selection procedure.- Fluency in English (C1/C2)
- At least 3 years experience in a similar role
- Experience in logistics and planning
- Experience managing people
Experience in change management is a plus
We offer a competitive salary depending on experience. This concerns an interim role for 32-40 hours a week, your choice.