As Regional Manager People Operations, you will be responsible for driving the regional People Operations strategy and translating this into the daily operations and initiatives of the region. You ensure maintenance of our agreed services levels to employees, compliant and complete personnel administration and accuracy of data and documents for the monthly payroll. You are continuously thinking about improving our core processes to drive a seamless employee experience. At the same time, you are making sure your region stays connected with the global guidance, and can tailor this to the headquarters-specific needs, based in the Netherlands.
You will report directly to the Global Manager People Operations based in Amsterdam.
- Set regional objectives, priorities and goals in line with global objectives;
- Partner with key stakeholders to drive (People Operations) improvements in the team/region;
- Represent People Operations in key departmental initiatives;
- Implement and operationalize company policies and procedures;
- Ensure achievement of SLAs & KPIs, quality assurance and compliance of operations;
- Monitor, assess and safeguard team performance levels through internal People Systems (e.g. ServiceNow, Workday);
- 1-to-1 meetings with Specialist and Senior Specialist People Operations in the team to discuss operational topics as well as career development;
- Prepare and conduct bi-annual performance reviews and keep track of individual (objective) progress during the year;
- Build and maintain strong stakeholder relationships with other departments in the company;
- Schedule and distribute tasks and projects within the team in line with workload and strengths;
- Assist the team in daily operational tasks and projects where needed;
- 5+ years people management experience in an international environment, preferably within an HR department;
- Proven track record on working with Payroll, Systems and other stakeholders on process improvements;
- Experience with personnel administration and People Systems i.e. Workday is a strong plus;
- Knowledge about and experience with the Dutch labour law;
- Passionate about people development and coaching;
- Ability to work well under pressure especially in a changing environment;
- Proactive, enthusiastic and motivating Leader;
- Strong communication and analytical skills;
- Project management skills;
- Stakeholder management skills;
- Advanced English writing and speaking skills, any additional language is a strong plus
We offer excellent conditions of employment and possibilities for further career growth within our fast growing company. To find out more about Booking.com and apply directly please visit the link above and apply with your CV in English.
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the open position at Booking.com.