For our new credit risk organisation, ING is looking for a Senior creditrisk expert – Regulations, Policies & Governance for the Portfolio, strategy and governance team. The Credit risk Portfolio, strategy and governance team is, amongst others, responsible for the determination of the credit risk strategy, setting credit risk appetite and coordinating (regulatory) programmes/projects related to credit risk. Furthermore, the team is the owner of all the credit risk policies. The Credit risk Portfolio, strategy and governance team works from our headquarters in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. If you need to relocate to take this position in our team in Amsterdam, we offer a relocation package to support you with your relocation.
What you'll do
- Coordinating and/or participating in important projects related to ESR, Basel IV, DoD, FB and Leverage Transactions, EBA LOM and other regulatory projects.
- Building and maintaining relations with regulators, supervisors (e.g. ECB), industry associations and internal stakeholders on credit risk related items.
- Actively contributing to shaping new Credit Risk regulations.
- Setting and continuously upgrading Credit Risk governance.
- Coordinating the writing and updating of a pragmatic Credit Risk policy that follows regulation and communicating policies and regulations throughout the organisation.
How to succeed
- >7 years knowledge of risk management and financial products specifically in Credit Risk.
- Fluent in English
- Expert level knowledge of credit risk regulations
- Academic level, preferably in Economics/Econometrics/Finance
- Working with presentations, the ability to present complex content in an easy and transparent way
Personal qualities & behavioural traits
- Strong analytical skills (the breakdown of complex issues in manageable pieces)
- Good communication skills
- Able to identify problems independently and to solve them with the help of experienced staff, also involving the appropriate parties
- Result-driven and able to push things forward in a persistent and constructive manner
- Able to manage different stakeholders and navigate different cultural environments
- Decisive and resilient
- Changeable and flexible, able to act swiftly in changing situations
- Well structured, autonomous, highly adaptive, flexible team player
- Thrive while working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
What we offer
- A job for 36 to 40 hours
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- Flexible working hours and a hybrid mix of working from the office and working from home
- Reimbursement for travel expenses
- 24 vacation days with a 36-hour working week. If you work 40 hours a week, you will receive 27 vacation days
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- ING salary scale 12 or 13, depending on experience level
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities to realize your ambitions
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues who strive for the very best
Contact the recruiter attached to the advertisement for more information. Want to apply directly? Please upload your CV and motivation letter by clicking the “Apply” button.
With around 52,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to make a diﬀerence. We hire smart people like you for your potential, not your past. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on more responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself.
If you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible, surrounded by progressive, inspiring and supportive colleagues, there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING. Join us. Apply today.