This is Adyen
Adyen is the financial technology platform of choice for leading companies. By providing end-to-end payments capabilities, data-driven insights, and financial products in a single global
solution, Adyen helps businesses achieve their ambitions faster. With offices around the world, Adyen works with the likes of Facebook, Uber, H&M, eBay, and Microsoft. To maintain our momentum, we need people to join us in finding new ways of solving our unique challenges - people like you.
Sales Event Manager
As the first Sales Event Manager at Adyen, we’d like you to take full ownership of commercially inspiring our fast-growing group of Sales, Account & Partnership Managers. We currently organize the Sales Event three times per year (twice in-person in Amsterdam and once online). However, as we grow, the approach continuously needs to be evaluated and innovated to ensure we deliver commercial inspiration and activation for everybody that is part of the Adyen commercial group. So, are you excited to translate commercial strategy into an inspiring event? Think about how we can use different formats such as podcasts to help us land better deals? This might be for you!
What you’ll do
- Execution: deliver the current Sales Events (2x in-person in Amsterdam, 1x online per year) for now +/- 700p. You will be responsible for organizing and managing the Sales Events, as well as evaluating success afterwards. This includes internal marketing and communication to our commercial audience, working closely with internal stakeholders across the globe such as the management board, commercial team leads, product leads, solution leads, regional leads, and our Design team, as well as external stakeholders like our external event agency and our production company. You will be responsible for creating both a great event experience as well as delivering on the goals: all participants should leave the event feeling commercially inspired, informed, activated and (re-)connected.
- Content: the above also means that you are in the end responsible for the content that is delivered, so you should be comfortable with commercial topics, strategy and content. Expect to coach speakers to improve the impact of their story and to give pushback to stakeholders (on any level) whose agendas don’t match with the program we aim to deliver.
- Strategy: develop the sales event strategy for the upcoming 3 years while our commercial group also triples.
Who you are
- You are commercially savvy, you can easily pick up on inspiring commercial content, strategy and ideas but are also critical on what success looks like for the Sales Event and excited to deliver on it;
- You find it easy to manage stakeholders across cultures and levels;
- You are a self-starter. You like to work independently while gathering lots of different perspectives and ideas. You thrive in a free working environment;
- You are passionate about creating epic, inspiring experiences for large international audiences;
- You’d like to have a more creative role;
- Experience in organizing (global corporate or sales oriented) events is a plus
- You have strong communication skills and like to pick up the phone;
- You are well-organized and have the ability to easily shift between many tasks and levels (from operational to strategic from execution to creative etc.);
- You are flexible and open to change while keeping the big picture in mind;
- You can think creatively, critically and have the ability to make decisions while including the perspectives of stakeholders.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Please note that this role is a full-time position in Amsterdam. It will require a relocation in case you live outside of the Netherlands.