Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is established in Vlissingen and in Schiedam. It is a company with more than 850 professionals, and a rich tradition of naval shipbuilding, its original roots stem back more than 150 years. For more than 50 years Damen Naval has been the dedicated shipbuilder for the Royal Netherlands Navy. Based on decades of accumulated experience, Damen Naval offers navies worldwide a broad range of defence and security vessels, ranging from 7m to more than 200m in length. Damen Naval is the only supplier of naval vessels in the Netherlands. Damen Naval has delivered more than 420 vessels to satisfied customers all over the world and have has earned a reputation for excellence along the way. While taking pride in heritage, Damen Naval is also looking towards the future. Are you ready for duty?
For this interim vacancy Damen Naval is looking for an experienced and IT Project Support Officer (Project Based) who is a member of the IT Project Management Team of Damen Naval.
As IT Project Support Officer (Project Based) you will:
- Support the IT Project Manager with the initiation and execution of a project.
- Support the IT Project Manager draft the project proposal, and the Project Initiation Documents.
- Support the IT Project Manager develop and monitor project plans and determine budget.
- Be a liaison between the IT Project Manager and the IT Business Controller.
- Support the IT Project Manager coordinate, monitor and drive the project, within defined plan and budget.
- Proactively monitor project progress and risks that threaten project success.
- Identify and manage dependencies with other projects
- Report insights to IT management related to project status, development, risks, and issues.
- Proactively advice and support the improvement of project (portfolio) management.
- Involve, manage, and empower relevant project stakeholders from both business and IT.
- Support the IT Project Manager evaluate and close projects and find, analyse, and share lessons learned, archive project documents.
- Compliance with the project (portfolio) management rules and principles, with corporate and operational regulations.
- Understand and consistently question the status quo of the running projects and analyse existing processes and project (progress) data.
- Support the IT Project Management Team Lead in managing the IT Project Portfolio by maintaining IT project information.
- Support the IT Project Management Team Lead in improving the IT Project Management processes, templates, and tools.
- Onboard new IT Project Managers with regards to IT Project Management processes, templates, and tools.
Skills & experience
As IT Project Support Officer (Project Based) you need to have:
- Relevant Bachelor degree, preferably complemented with Project Management qualifications.
- Five to ten years, working experience in project management and portfolio management in a large, international organization, working as project support officer, or a similar position.
- Sound knowledge of PMBOK and/or Prince2, Agile/Scrum, and with working experience in Waterfall and Agile/Scrum projects.
- Experience with project financials and with implementation of change and improvement projects.
- Working knowledge of MS Office products, MS Project, and SharePoint.
- Good command of Dutch, German & English language written & verbal.
- Excellent antecedents as a pre-employment security screening and investigation are a part of the recruitment procedure (given the military nature of the projects).
- EU citizenship or valid EU work visa required to be considered as viable candidate.
What we offer
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. To that end, we invest in all our employees by offering: A technology and innovation focused, dynamic, international work environment.
- A competitive salary package and other benefits.
- A comprehensive introduction to shipbuilding for anyone without a naval or maritime background.
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position of IT Project Support Officer (Project Based), and do you recognize yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note, that only candidates with a permanent EU citizenship together with a permanent valid EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process. #LI-DNS1
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.