Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $39 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner, and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies, or increasing efficiency in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our team of more than 100,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience, and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services, and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com (http://www.thermofisher.com).
The Commercial Director for the EMEA territory is responsible for managing the regional sales team of the Visualization Software Group Business Unit in the Materials and Structural Analysis Division. Developing and implementing the commercial strategy, managing daily sales activity, including direct sales, internal channels, distributors, and Key Accounts.
This role requires a focus on bookings and revenue generation with the primary objective of assuring EMEA achieves the annual operating growth plan and contributes to the overall goals of the Business Unit and the Division. In addition, the Commercial Director will define and implement the sales strategy and tactical plans for the team that will assure the successful completion of these goals.
Additional responsibilities include leading all aspects of the pre-sales and sales process, performance to goal, analyzing and reporting on the team’s performance on a routine basis. The position requires extensive travel as well as the development of individual sales representatives.
This role will have direct responsibilities for working with major accounts to establish business contacts, conduct account activities, and assist in the evaluation of opportunities with all major accounts.
- Communicates with assigned sales representatives on a regular basis to supervise account pipeline, ensure there is an active sales funnel, and assure core proficiency requirements are met.
- Communicate, strategize, plan and implement sales efforts with assigned team members to assure quarterly/annual goals are achieved and exceeded.
- Communicate effectively with the Global Sales and Services Director regarding business trends for the region including, but not limited to risks to the business, potential opportunities, and competitive information within the territory.
- Create an inclusive environment across team members, not only within their region but with both the rest of the global commercial organization and our internal sales channels.
- Work effectively with Channel Manager, which includes distribution sales channels in order to implement Regional Sales Strategies.
- Assists with the hiring, coaching, training, and mentoring of sales representatives, including corrective actions if necessary, through the Thermo Performance Management and Development program.
- Works extensively with CRM to accurately manage revenue and bookings forecast and key performance indicators.
- Work with sales representatives to build customer pricing strategies and proposals that assure growth and profitability.
- Responsible for developing major account relationships at the executive level for the purpose of growing sales.
- Interacts with key business partners, like marketing and product strategy teams to identify improvement opportunities to align with a long-term sales strategy.
- Continually helps to improve the company culture leading by example to the 4i values of Thermo Fisher Scientific – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement.
- 10 or more years of sales experience in regional software sales management preferred with demonstrated success in laboratory software, analytical instruments, and life sciences markets.
- Bachelor’s degree in science, business administration, or similar
- Strong commercial competence with a proven track record to drive expansion and commercial operational improvement
- Strong and proven experience in driving business through direct sales teams and sales partners within the assigned territory.
- Experience of operating with full legal compliance in a highly regulated environment
- Ability to develop step-changing growth strategies and actively lead the successful execution
- Strong communication skills (verbally and in writing), networking and leadership skills with a track record for developing high-performance teams
- Possess a management style and personal values that fit Thermo Fisher Scientific’s values of Intensity, Innovation, Integrity, and Involvement
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix environment and display credibility in mentoring and forging solid, positive working relationships with business team members and colleagues
- Self-motivated with a bias for action
- Up to 50% travel
- Must be proficient in English.