The Legal Counsel will be a key member of the EMEA legal function, providing cross-regional internal legal support on a wide range of matters. The focus for this role will be Benelux but based on the Team’s needs, the reach of this role may be expanded to other EMEA countries. The focus of the role will be general commercial/transactional work, including advising on a wide range of commercial matters, IP issues, compliance and regulatory issues, and dispute resolution matters. The successful candidate will also be required to provide ad hoc advice on other legal matters (e.g. data privacy, competition law) and to take an active role in the team’s digitisation strategy by supporting/managing IT platforms. The successful candidate will report to Regional Legal Lead EMEA West and work closely with other lawyers in the EMEA legal team, Legal Contracting Center of Excellence and Division Counsel across all Thermo Fisher businesses. The Legal Counsel will also work closely with other functions across EMEA, including Finance, HR, Procurement, IP, Quality, Compliance and Regulatory.
This role is a Part-Time Fixed Term Contract and can be based in one of our offices or 100% remote working is available.
What will you do?
• Draft and negotiate various agreements for all parts of the organisation in support of their objectives, including sales agreements, strategic supply agreements, collaboration agreements, IT agreements, co-marketing agreements, license agreements, term sheets, etc.
• Manage marketing inquiries, including managing MedTech Europe compliance and dealing with MedTech Europe matters and sunshine laws
• Facilitate the team’s digitisation and harmonisation strategy, by supporting and improving existing IT tools and supporting the roll-out of new IT tools for the team
• Review, negotiate, and finalise agreements
• Liaise with other functions to ensure business continuity, compliance, and risk mitigation
• Educate and train employees regarding templates, processes, and procedures
• Manage multiple stakeholders in a highly matrixed and interdependent environment
• Align with leadership to accomplish business goals and strategic objectives
• Display uncompromising attention to detail
Who we are looking for:
• Qualified and admitted as a lawyer in Belgium or Netherlands (or equivalent working experience)
• Strong experience gained preferably in-house or in a full-service international law firm,
• Strong experience in contract and license negotiation/drafting
• Fluent in spoken and written English and other Benelux languages — additional European languages an advantage
• Strong commercial awareness and business sense, including the ability to fully engage with and influence business stakeholders
• Life Sciences or Pharmaceutical knowledge is highly desirable
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue of approximately $40 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, increasing productivity in their laboratories, improving patient health through diagnostics or the development and manufacture of life-changing therapies, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 100,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services, Patheon and PPD. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.