TEM Product Specialist Electron Microscopy EMEA
Location: Eindhoven, Netherlands. Other locations within EMEA also considered. Travel 50%>.
How will you make an impact?
In line with the strategic objectives of the Electron Microscopy Commercial Organization, the purpose of this role is to leverage technical and commercial advantages of Thermo Scientific TEM and other assigned products to maximize the business potential in the Material Science market. This key role contributes to delivering pipeline growth and development and is instrumental to supporting the growth strategy in EMEA for Material Science.
What will you do?
You will work in a multi-disciplinary team, liaising closely with the commercial stakeholders in the Sales and Service organization to learn, understand and develop the market, leverage technical and commercial understanding to reach consensus with sales strategy, develop presentations to support plans and reply to tenders, direct applicable product solutions and develop winning strategies for closing opportunities.
Using your technical knowledge and excellent communication skills you can successfully engage prospects and be a consistent point of technical contact for the product portfolio represented. Working the entire sales cycle from lead to closure, this role will interface with many aspects to make business successful, including NanoPort colleagues (our demonstration facilities), Account Managers, and Product Leaders in Marketing and Management functions.
You will be the field expert for Electron Microscopy and the allocated portfolio, deliver the product quota, help drive the regional tactics and support the territory development plans for EMEA for Material Science academia and industry.
As the main technical contact for Account Managers, you will be the face of Thermo Scientific TEM in many situations including technical explanations for clients, distilling customer needs to internal stakeholders that develop solutions, supporting specific external-supplier/partner proposals and observing, reporting and reacting to market trends.
In this role you will continue to build and support relationships with key opinion leaders through delivery of seminars, workshops and product training and support key regional marketing events.
The role will be an anchor point from product to field; being a key component of the customer feedback loop to support key application development.
How will you get here?
- Typically requires a M.Sc. degree in Materials Science, Chemistry and or Physics; Ph.D. is preferred.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with TEMs (Transmission Electron Microscopes) is a must and experience with other high-end analytical equipment (DualBeam (FIB-SEM), XPS, SEM, related material science and/or industry specific techniques) will be extremely useful.
- Experience in working in a matrix organization whereas an anchor point you are responsible for managing communication across stakeholders is needed.
- Previous client facing commercial experience desirable.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Proactive self-starter.
- Willingness to learn and develop commercial skill set.
- Clear understanding of Material science applications in research and particularly as this relates to industry and industrial production needs.
- Working knowledge and extensive experience with TEM systems.
- Initiating and supporting sales development efforts in EMEA with creative ideas.
- Confident in public speaking and client settings.
- Clear and open communication skills. Being multi-lingual can be a benefit.
- Understanding customer markets, requirements, laboratory processes and methods and regulations.
- Develops and maintain successful customer relationships (internal and/or external).
- Articulate how our products impact material science and generate value for applications.
- Prioritize requirements and meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Continuously improve processes.