This is who we are
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2022, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the "World's Most Admired Companies" for the fifth consecutive year.This is the role
Our manufacturing sites all depend on energy, from steam to electricity, as well as on industrial gases and water. As a Senior Sourcing Specialist at LyondellBasell you are responsible for reliable utility supplies to our manufacturing sites. You will be actively involved in the company’s long-term energy transition activities in Europe including procurement of renewables and CO2 abatement initiatives. In your role you need to oversee the current contracts and assess them against the company’s sustainability goals, including recommendations on supplier selection and most effective negotiation strategy. You focus on a portfolio of manufacturing sites in Europe ensuring the deployment of strategic purchasing plans of utilities.
In close collaboration with Utility Category Managers, you will get a lot of freedom being responsible for the entire sourcing process regarding your specialism. From translating strategic requirements and market insights into operational activities, from negotiating to operationally implementing, maintaining supplier relationships and evaluating the quality of the purchase. So, you will bring your in-dept understanding of utility sourcing strategies and utility markets in practice on a tactical as well as an operational level aligning all stakeholders during the process.
The role of Senior Sourcing Specialist is complex with a lot of growth perspectives where you can stretch yourself and set the foundation for a further career!.Roles & Responsibilities
Activities and duties will vary dependent upon functional area assigned. Activities may include, but are not limited to:
- Executes the day to day sourcing process according to contract terms and is able to effectively source utilities with increasing complexity and value.
- Assesses supplier capabilities through key performance indicators and makes recommendations on supplier acceptability.
- Demonstrates the capability to challenge inefficiencies, process deviations, supply unreliabilities and strategy deviations.
- Manages Supplier Relationships including the commercial relationship; identifies and qualifies new suppliers as required.
- Supports Category Managers during complex sourcing initiatives and segment strategy development through data modeling and analysis, change management and new process execution.
- Understands strategies for assigned utility segments and proactively drives initiatives to meet utility sourcing objectives.
- Drives sustainability opportunities with supply base to deliver value to the business.
- Develops and composes bid specification in such a manner that internal customer needs are addressed.
- Selects pre-screened list of suppliers to conduct competitive selection through an RFP process.
- Negotiates, executes and implements commercial agreements and related work processes in accordance with the strategies.
- Works collaboratively with the Delegated Buyers located at the manufacturing sites in the implementation of strategic sourcing initiatives.
- Articulates company’s procurement policies and standards by complying to appropriate governance policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in (Electrical, Chemical, Mechanical) Engineering and/ or Business Management. A Master’s degree is preferred.
- 6+ years related experience required with a degree (10 years in lieu or a degree).
- 3+ years of chemical or related industry experience and knowledge related to purchasing and materials management is preferred.
- Experience in manufacturing environment, in technical Business related positions preferred.
- Negotiations and contract experience required.
- Fluent in English language (speaking and writing). Another European country language preferred.
- Proficient in purchasing fundamentals and procurement work processes.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of applications such as SAP and Ariba to manage the supply contracts.
- Strong data analysis skills to implement creative ideas.
- Ability to raise difficult issues through effective communication skills.
- Strong collaboration skills and acknowledges others’ efforts, advice and contributions.
- Open to new ways of looking at things and challenges inefficiencies and process deviations.
We offer an environment where we encourage personal and professional growth and where you will be rewarded for your performance and results. You will have the possibility to work with specialist on all fields to develop innovative solutions and to extend your national and international network. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary package.
The Company's Global Remote Work Policy allows eligible employees the option to work up to two days a week from home.LyondellBasell is committed to advancing diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) to ensure a positive experience for all employees.