This is who we are
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2022, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the "World's Most Admired Companies" for the fifth consecutive year.This is the role
The Auditor role is an experienced position intended to utilize basic audit principles, skills, and techniques to evaluate the adequacy of internal controls in both design and application in accordance with professional and departmental standards. This position is expected to assist or lead audits of low to moderate complexity under the direction of the audit lead or audit manager.
The Auditor is also responsible for performing and/or assisting in corporate investigations, ad-hoc special projects, Sarbanes-Oxley 404 compliance activities and demonstrating the ability to function on an increasingly independent basis. While primarily based in one location, team members will participate in audit assignments across our global company at various locations across Europe, Asia and international. Travel to both domestic and international locations up to 25% a year. The position may require overtime at various times.
The Auditor should be self-motivated, work with a sense of urgency, support multiple priorities, and meet deadlines. Successful candidates should also possess strong communication and interpersonal skills as Auditors generally interact with first-line operating and supervisory personnel, although some interaction with higher-level management may occur.Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Develop a working knowledge of the Company with a focus on corporate and manufacturing processes, policies, and procedures.
- Analyze and solve problems utilizing a risk-based approach.
- Assist or lead in audits of low to moderate complexity under the direction of the audit lead or audit manager and in accordance with accepted professional standards. Responsibilities include: initial audit planning, setting objectives, coordination with auditee, evaluation and reporting for audits.
- Perform operational, financial, compliance, and fraud related audits by compiling and analyzing information through inquiry, observation, testing, and analysis to develop conclusions about risks and the operating effectiveness of internal controls and processes.
- Develop the ability to identify and assess key risks and controls within assigned audit areas.
- Demonstrate ability to draw conclusions about audit testing with data.
- Prepare audit work papers in a high quality, timely manner in alignment with audit methodology.
- Draft audit findings for assigned audit areas that support audit objectives and findings.
- Identifies and implements improvements to internal processes to reduce costs and increase efficiency and/or effectiveness.
- Develop and maintain relationships with external/internal clients and customers.
- Actively demonstrate the ability to interact effectively with associates, mid-level management, and other personnel within the organization with limited supervision. Continually demonstrate poise, self-confidence, tact, and maturity in contact with other personnel in the corporation.
- Demonstrate teamwork by cooperating with department members, sharing information, utilizing innovations of others, participating in group decision process and accepting additional assignments as appropriate.
- Develop an understanding of relevant SAP modules and be able to extract data for analysis.
- Bachelor degree is required, with a major in Accounting, Finance, Information Systems, Engineering, or other related business degree.
- Typically requires two (2) to six (6) years of relevant business experience.
- Advanced degree and/or professional certification such as CPA, CIA, CISA, CFE, CISSP, CISM, or other is a plus.
- Fluent in Business English
- Chinese Mandarin and French are a plus, any additional language skills are desirable
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office, preferably advanced in Excel and experience with Advanced Analytics.
- Prior experience and knowledge of SAP is highly desirable.
- Knowledge in IT, operational, financial and audit processes as well as interdependencies among the processes.
- Can communicate in a clear, concise, and organized manner as this position may interact with first-line operating and supervisory personnel and with higher-level management.
- Strong problem-solving skills and business acumen.
- Instills Trust and Exemplifies Integrity : Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity. Promoting diversity in work teams and serving as a role model for proper behaviors.
- Demonstrates Courage : Stepping up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said, acting with integrity, doing what is right.
- Ensures Accountability : Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Drives Results : Consistently achieving results and seeking opportunities for improvement, even under tough circumstances.
- Collaborates : Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives, within and across functions.
- Cultivates Innovation : Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful. Uses lateral thinking. Questions the status quo.
- Customer Focus : Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions. Focuses on internal and external customers.
We offer an environment where we encourage personal and professional growth and where you will be rewarded for your performance and results. You will have the possibility to work with specialist on all fields to develop innovative solutions and to extend your national and international network. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary package.
The Company's Global Remote Work Policy allows eligible employees the option to work up to two days a week from home.
LyondellBasell is committed to advancing diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) to ensure a positive experience for all employees.