The 99-key Holiday Inn Express & Suites Deventer will comprise 83 standard rooms plus 16 suites, providing the first aparthotel facility in the area. Whilst each suite includes a kitchenette, living space and separate sleeping area to cater for longer-staying travellers, guests will still benefit from the hotels wider facilities, including complimentary Express StartTMbreakfast. With extensive car parking, the propertys location on the outskirts of Deventer along the A1 motorway, which connects The Netherlands and Germany, and proximity to the bus line 6, with onward rail connections across Europe, ensures the hotel will be easily accessible.
Cycas Hospitality is a hotel management company that prides itself on making a difference by being different. Our vision is to be Europes leading hotel company and every member of our team must play their part in delivering exceptional service to our guests, our owners, and our colleagues to achieve this. Cycadettes transform hotels.
What we ask of you!
- A valid residence and working permit for the Netherlands is required
- English speaking: Dutch is not mandatory
- Front Office experience
- OPERA (cloud) knowledge
- Enthusiasm & a true team player
- Friendly and service oriented
- Experience managing a culturally diverse team
- Willing to work different shifts, including weekends & holidays
What we give in return!
- Salary range according to Horeca CAO
- 25 holiday days
- Travel and night allowance
- Free parking
- Complementary stay after probation period
- Cycas smiles Reward & Celebration program
- Free use of on property gym
- The best project you will ever work on is you! So let us help you grow with our guidance and training possibilities
- Feed your wanderlust with discounts in all Cycas and IHG hotels worldwide!
What will I do?
- Provide a hospitable service in line with the operating standards and procedures and Holiday Inn Express & Suites - brand standards.
- Maximise room sales, increase room revenue by supervising effectiveness of room category upselling.
- Anticipate to guest needs, act upon, and follow up guest requests and deliver a level of service and responsiveness that generates compliments.
- Implement hotel values are implemented in hotels daily operations.
- To actively support other departments and act when assistance is needed. To ensure that the whole of hotel operations run smoothly from the guest perspective with the focus on guest services desk and breakfast / evening reception areas.
- To have a full understanding of all systems and programmes
- To monitor and encourage IGH One Rewards Enrolments to ensure the total monthly number of new enrolments is above requirements
- To display a pro-active and innovative approach to skills and standards.
- Ensure communication procedures are effective and efficient on a day-to-day basis, so that service standards are not compromised.
- Establish and maintain strict security procedures within your department, reporting any potential risks to your line manager.
- Actively communicate positively and effective between all departments.
- Have a sound knowledge of the local area regarding history, places of interest and special events and where further information can be obtained.
- To be able to act with initiative, planning and possible consequences. Being pro-active in getting things done and exceeding expectations of both guests and colleagues where possible.
- To develop interactive customer relations and to be aware of any possible future requirements.
- To carry out Guest Service Manager and Duty Management functions if required.