Equinix Managed Services offers data center services with various complementary solutions in its nine state-of-the-art data centers. Equinix is the market leader in the Netherlands and worldwide in the highest quality data center services for financial institutions, the government, the business community, and IT service providers.
Equinix's data centers meet the most stringent international certification requirements for information security. Our branches offer plenty of space to large, mediumm, and small companies that are looking for a professional, reliable, and secure environment for outsourcing their IT infrastructure. Equinix Managed Services' comprehensive services focus on Data Center Services, Managed Hosting, Managed Storage, Cloud Services, and Managed Networks.
Equinix Managed Services is looking for a Junior Cloud Engineer for its office in Enschede, who is responsible for the day-to-day management of ICT services and products under the guidance of a more senior team member. You are involved in the implementation of ICT services, which are an integral part of Equinix Managed Services. You are able to deploy IT solutions, which consist of Storage, Operating Systems, Cloud technology, Network infrastructure, Servers, and Hardware. You are part of the IT Managed Services team, and you are responsible for the day-to-day management in the second line and for the roll-out of the solutions that ensure maximum availability to the customer. To achieve this, you continuously focus on improving infrastructure solutions and you think about new applications and technologies.
- Performs system management activities under the guidance of more senior staff within IT Operations
- Offers suggestions for resolution of issues and support to ensure a better experience for our customers. Uses documentation and KB to perform basic tasks.
- Develops knowledge of and learns business systems and management tools
- Drafts and reviews documentation (can be technical & non-technical) for work being completed within own team under the guidance of more senior team members
- Configures and tests systems based on scripts
- Designs optimal systems configurations for enhancements under the guidance
- Learns and understands the devices being deployed.
- Participates in tech drills and Learns hands-on
- Interacts on an operational level with customers and suppliers
- Presents operational issues and solutions to groups of colleagues
- Participates actively in work meetings
- Interacts with internal and external project teams
- Executes and reviews basic business and/or technical processes (e.g. provisioning lead time, effectivity) within IT Operations and identifies opportunities for process improvement.
- Coordinates limited process changes
- Coordinates a piece of a larger project as assigned by more senior team members.
- Executes planned changes
- Reviews issues/customer problems (potentially creating/leveraging non-standard reporting) to identify data patterns in the types of support questions being raised and determine the type of issue (system, training, etc.);
- You are willing to run consignment services
- 1+ Years of experience
- Secondary School+
- NetApp Certified Technology Associate
- VEEAM Certified Engineer
- VMWare Certified Technology Associate
This is a hybrid work model (2 days in the Enschede office, 3 days remotely)- we will cover the hotel costs if you need to commute from the other city.