Reporting directly to Groningen Engineering Director, the Project Engineering Manager will have responsibility for prioritizing and leading Supply Chain Project teams to deliver engineering & equipment project activities to meet business needs and improve performance of the IOL manufacturing platform.
The successful candidate for this exciting role will be a member of the site engineering leadership team and the extended IOL Platform Engineering Leadership team. They will be empowered to apply strong strategic vision in crafting the future direction of IOL Manufacturing.Scope of role and core engineering responsibilities:
Ensure that all projects are well run! This role is essential in driving efficiency, timeliness, manufacturability and reliability in our products and processes. A key challenge is leading prioritization across multi-disciplinary and multi-functional teams, delivering business objectives and priorities in line with customer service requirements & strategic engineering objectives. The incumbent will be relied upon to instill and maintain a strong focus on outcomes for our patients and link to the business benefit.
Safety underpins all decisions and actions within JJSV. This role will be a Champion for Safety behaviors within the engineering and project teams in support of our IOSS approach and the implementation of all safety/environmental requirements.
As a medical device manufacturer JJSV demands a strong focus on Quality, ensuring alignment to cGMP’s and Quality Systems as defined in our Quality Manual.Role specific responsibilities:
- Implement outstanding project management tools (URS, Project Schedules, Risk Management, Budgets, etc..) and processes for medium to large scale projects,
- Own and drive implementation of site and platform level equipment technology roadmaps.
- Generate and implement improvement projects supporting compliance, efficiencies, yields and/or costs effectiveness.
- Lead and collaborate with multi-functional team members to encourage innovation and out of box thinking.
- Build, grow and develop the project engineering team through the selection, recruitment, development and performance management of outstanding engineering talent. Develop core technical skills and knowledge to support future growth.
- Engage, empower, and mentor a highly proficient team, collaborating both horizontally and vertically across functions and sites to enable year over year growth, new products, process simplification and technology development.
- Guide and provide oversight for the capital long-term financial planning (LRFP), forecasting, budgeting, controlling, and reporting.
- Ensure metrics for engineering performance are met and plans are in place to provide continuous improvement.
- As a Credo leader, proactively challenge existing paradigms leading to breakthrough business improvement initiatives aligned to the strategic business plan.
- Analyze rationale, investment requirements, development timing, market potential, and return on investment for all engineering projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science or a related Field.
- A minimum of 6 years relevant business experience and minimum of 3 years’ experience in the Life Sciences industries (Medical Device, Biotechnology or Pharmaceutical).
- Manufacturing and / or Engineering management experience in FDA or other regulated environments from design to production
- Experience in conceptual manufacturing equipment/process development, design and implementation, planning and project management of capital and improvement projects
- Project management qualifications and expertise working with multi-functional teams in an engineering/operational environment.
- Track record of business case development in a technical environment and associated record of significant improvements in industry
- Must demonstrate proven understanding of process development and validation, including design of experiments, statistical analysis, Equipment maintenance
- An advanced degree such as MBA, MSc/Ph.D. in Science, Engineering, or a related Field
- Automation and/or Technology experience for low to medium volume production
- Experience working in a CNC and/or manufacturing environment
- PMP or comparable Certification and familiarity with J&J Project Management approaches (FPX & Project Delivery Process)
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.Primary Location
AMO Groningen BV (8358)