Our Groningen site is a multi-product and multi-client biopharmaceutical site with development and manufacturing facilities for pharmaceutical products for clinical trials (phase 1, 2 and 3) and commercial production. When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation!
In this new role as MSAT Manager we will welcome you into our Team within the Pharma Services Group, in Groningen, Netherlands. In this exciting, new role, we will ask you to lead, mentor and inspire a team of Scientists and Engineers to ensure all MSAT activities are performed successfully including implementation of new technologies, tech transfer, process transfer as well as support and monitoring activities. You will be working cross functionally within the business and most importantly be working directly with our customers.
This brand-new role is a phenomenal opportunity for the right person to make a difference & make this role their own! If you enjoy working in a dynamic environment and have strong leadership skills, then this could be an excellent next move for you!
How will you make an impact?
- Lead, coach and mentor a team of Scientists, Engineers and Technicians,
- Perform all MSAT activities associated with process transfer and process support
- Perform process monitoring, author campaign summaries, perform activities for lot release and continued process verification activities
- Provide guidance on process transfer
- Assess all major deviations for impact product quality
- Build & deliver training presentations to manufacturing and other departments
- Work closely with other departments and collaborate with customers
- Lead the Technology Transfer from Process Development to Operations
- Represent Thermo Fisher, and be a subject matter specialist during meetings with customers
- Lead the implementation of new technologies
- Give technical and technological support during the clinical trial production activities, with the objective to deliver the pharmaceutical product in time and in compliance with cGMP
- Execute studies concerning capacity requirements and new technologies.
- Collaborate with new business development for the successful implementation of new technologies
What we are looking for from you:
- A Bachelor or master’s degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Process Technology, (Bio) Chemical Engineering or similar
- Extensive experience in the Biotech industry
- Previous experience in a similar role within Biopharmaceutical or Pharmaceutical markets
- Experience in Tech transfer, production and engineering
- Sound knowledge of process development, process up scaling and cGMP manufacturing
- Excellent experience leading, coaching and mentoring teams
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $35 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 90,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon.