PURPOSE OF THE FUNCTION
The Business Intelligence Specialist advises on, designs and implements Business Intelligence (BI) software and systems, including integration with source applications.
KEY RESULT AREAS
Translate BI requirements into reliable BI solutions
Based on BI needs, produce and maintain functional and technical data structures (‘BI environment’) and arrange and retrieve needed data input from multiple source systems in a reliable manner for reporting, analysis and forecasting purposes.
- Translate reporting needs into BI environment requirements and pinpoint data sources.
- Define the functional requirements for needed datasets via SQL scripts.
- Communicate with data source owners (internal and external) in order to ensure data input and retrieval with unambiguous definitions and clear data formats.
- Set-up Extract-Transform-Load (ETL’s) interface layers and Store
- Procedures (SP’s) between source systems and reporting databases, including other program languages outside the BI environment, like VB scripts and .NET.
Manage the BI environment and data in this environment
Maintain and adjust the BI environment in such a way that, even in a changing environment, the timely data retrieval is ensured at all times and the data’s integrity and consistency remain at all times safeguarded.
- Monitor changes in reporting needs and make impact analyses on data source and BI environment changes.
- Communicate the analysed impact with involved parties.
- Make needed changes in BI environment in order to comply with the changes in data sources or changes in reporting needs ensuring data integrity, consistency and keeping data up-to-date.
- Manage data retrieval based on above changes.
- Function as point of contact for external, BI related, suppliers and functional and technical application managers of the various source applications.
- Document the BI environment.
Create and maintain standard and ad hoc reports and queries
Based on the built BI environment, develop and maintain user friendly reporting queries and/or full reports and produce these by means of the various report generators.
- Define business information needs in conjunction with the operational departments and the Business Analysts.
- Translate the needed business information into requirements for queries and reports.
- By using the built BI environment, develop and maintain reports and queries that match the reporting requirements and supply the needed business information.
- Carry out demand management together with the Business Analysts for any new to be developed reports and ad-hoc questions.
- Degree on HBO/academic level
- 2 to 4 years experience in a Business Intelligence / Data Analyst role
- Thorough understanding of relational databases (SQL Server, Oracle)
- Experience with reporting tools (e.g. Qlik Sense, Power BI, Tableau)
- Good knowledge of T-SQL language, Data modelling, SQLserver 2016, ETL (SSIS), VBS, PowerShell and OLAP/ODBC tooling
- Good understanding of business processes in a call centre environment is preferred
- Preferred good knowledge of Azure SQL & data factory
- Good knowledge of English