- Innovative thinking about the future of location-based experiences for mobile and web platforms.
- Works closely with Product Managers, participates in product discovery, and contributes to the overall product strategy
- Partner closely with our user research team and support ongoing research projects
- Prototype hi-fidelity solutions and interfaces in ways that clearly illustrate various use cases for our SDK’s for enterprise customers
- Collaborate closely with development in shaping the TomTom SDK platform features, such as APIs, services, our System UI templates, components, etc.
- Work closely with our Enterprise customers and partners showing thought leadership but also gathering feedback that could help us improve our product proposition
- Present creative work early and often to key stakeholders in design reviews, and be prepared to articulate, justify, and defend design and interaction recommendations
- Illustrate design ideas using mock-ups, storyboards, process flows, and sitemaps
- Create Design industry-leading documentation for designers
- Provide creative direction, inspiration, and guidance to more junior Designers
- Stay current with the latest trends in automotive design and consumer electronics, products, and related design fields.
To be successful as a Product Designer, this is the kind of profile we have in mind:
- At least 5 years of experience in user-centered digital design at a tech company
- Has experience designing for business and developer-focused products
- Has experience designing scalable solutions and applying framework/platform thinking
- Understand developers’ and designers’ needs when using a platform
- You are technically minded, interested in what platforms are made
- Solid understanding of the latest web technologies, trends and experience building prototypes with it or using other advanced prototyping tools (e.g. Framer, Webflow)
- Has a systematic approach to solving large, complex design challenges while articulating the solutions in the simplest way
- Ability to act as a leader in communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale, within a user-centered design process
- Experience in leading design projects, solid time-management, and prioritization skills with the ability to run projects simultaneously
- Experience in collaborating with multidisciplinary UX and product teams (e.g., Designers, UX research, engineering, product management, marketing, etc.)
- Experience or knowledge in working with open Design Systems
- Comfortable working both independently and collaboratively
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, professional and a positive attitude
- A portfolio demonstrating successful design solutions with an emphasis on interaction and business and developer-focused products
We’re UX (User Experience) Design. Fueled by user insights and data analytics, our mission is to create powerful, easy-to-use products that delight our customers – from the millions of drivers who use our products every day to the automotive customers who embed our technologies in their vehicles. We make this happen by delivering the design specifications for all TomTom’s driver-oriented software products. Our team is based in Amsterdam and Łódź with sub-teams at all major TomTom product development sites. Joining us, you’ll be part of a team that brings together design disciplines from user research to interaction, concept, motion, and visual design.
Achieve more We are self-starters who play well with others. Every day, we solve new problems with creativity, meet new people and learn rapidly at our offices around the world. We will invest in your growth and are committed to supporting you. In everything we do, we’re guided by six values: We care, putting our heart into what we do; we build trust (you can count on us); we create – driven to make a difference; we are confident, but don’t boast; we keep it simple since life is complex enough, and we have fun because life’s too short to be boring.
After you applyOur recruitment team will work hard to give you a meaningful experience throughout the process, no matter the outcome. Your application will be screened closely and you can rest assured that all follow-up actions will be thorough, from assessments and interviews through your onboarding.
TomTom is an equal opportunity employerWe celebrate diversity, thrive on each other’s differences, and are committed to creating an inclusive environment at our offices around the world.Naturally, we do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, national origin, genetics, or age.
Ready to move the world forward?