Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is established in Vlissingen and in Schiedam. It is a company with more than 850 professionals, and a rich tradition of naval shipbuilding, its original roots stem back more than 150 years. For more than 50 years Damen Naval has been the dedicated shipbuilder for the Royal Netherlands Navy. Based on decades of accumulated experience, Damen Naval offers navies worldwide a broad range of defence and security vessels, ranging from 7m to more than 200m in length. Damen Naval is the only supplier of naval vessels in the Netherlands. Damen Naval has delivered more than 420 vessels to satisfied customers all over the world and have has earned a reputation for excellence along the way. While taking pride in heritage, Damen Naval is also looking towards the future. Are you ready for duty?
As Assistant Project Director F126 you will support the Project Director and the project team in managing, monitoring and continuously improving parts of a multiyear project across multiple domains such as production, purchase, engineering, and project management.. This in line with the agreed project scope, quality, planning, budget, time, HSSEQ standards, requirements, and internal guidelines to contribute to the realization of the project deliverables for the assigned project.
As Assistant Project Director F126 you will:
- Support the Project Director in the execution of the project from effective date of contract (EDC), which include all engineering, manufacturing and supply chain activities needed to finalize projects within project scope, budget and timelines.
- Assist in the development and implementation of all necessary policies and procedures to ensure that the project organization achieve project objectives.
- Play an active role on analysing project issues and help troubleshooting.
- Assist in the development and implementation of all necessary policies and procedures to ensure that the project organization achieve the project objectives.
- Research information as required and help to coordinate and manage project tasks and deliverables.
Skills & experience
As Assistant Project Director F126 you need to have:
- Relevant Bachelor degree combined with understanding of (financial) management principles and techniques.
- Good command of the English and German language both written and verbal.
- Able to frequently travel and work in the North of Germany and Vlissingen The Netherlands.
- Competencies: flexible, pragmatic and (environmental) awareness, can get to the heart of an issue quickly and style and level flexibility.
- Excellent antecedents as a pre-employment security screening are a standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent multiyear EU citizenship combined with permanent EU work visa are all requirements of the recruitment process for viable candidates, given the military nature of clients and projects.
What we offer
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. To that end, we invest in all our employees by offering:
- A technology and innovation focused, dynamic, international work environment.
- A competitive salary package and other benefits.
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position of Assistant Project Director F126 and do you recognize yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note, that only candidates with a permanent EU citizenship together with a permanent valid EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process. #LI-DNS1
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.