When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals. Our global team of more than 100,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services, Patheon and PPD.
Unity Lab Services provides a single source for integrated lab service, support, and supply management. Our customized service offerings and world-class service experts have the flexibility and experience to uniquely address our customer’s laboratory's business needs.
Regional Site Specialist – Supply Chain & Customer Service
You as Regional Site Specialist will support customers of Unity Lab Services directly on their sites in the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany and Denmark. Within your role, you are responsible for mainly operational duties in stockrooms at our customer sites. Your work is existing out of material handling, shipping/receiving, ordering materials, including chemical tracking and glass wash operations. You are supporting the teams with their workload – to cover planned and unplanned absence of the fixed employees in the indicated countries.
In addition, as a real logistician, you will be encouraged to engage in small projects, process evaluations and process improvements related to supply chain and customer service.
- Perform stockroom duties to include receiving, put-away, stock rotation, cycle counts, systematic replenishments and other functions according to customer requirements.
- Perform customer service activities which may include order entry, expediting, customer service call resolution, return goods authorization, processing of backorders, vendor and customer interaction, problem resolution, executing 3rd party & agent buys.
- Deliver direct shipment orders to end users/ performs deliveries as required.
- Deliver on-site support & training as per pre-established year schedule.
- Deliver emergency support at customer sites on ad hoc basis. Provide temporary on-site or remote support for customer operations during assigned employee time off, leave of absence, site training and vacant positions, in some cases for extended periods of time.
- Support in improving our internal processes.
- Obtain and maintain necessary regulatory certification: IATA, fork truck, hazardous DOT shipping, etc.
What is in for you:
- You are working without direct supervision.
- Your work is not routine and exists out of various tasks.
- You are extensively (ad hoc) travelling within Europe - 75% of the time.
- You are interacting with a lot of stakeholders (people from different cultures and backgrounds)
- You are working on various tasks – mainly physical work, administrative, project management.
Keys to Success:
- College degree preferred, but not required. Relevant experience is supply chain and logistics
- An apprenticeship in warehousing and logistics is a bonus
- Experience in logistics operations and warehousing is strongly preferred
- Experience in laboratory setting or services is a plus
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Proven customer service skills and ability to handle a wide range of various duties – physical work, administrative tasks, project management activities
- Result driven, detail oriented, problem solver, promotes team environment
- Proficient level of Dutch, English and good level of German
- Computer/software skills (i.e. Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work with people from different cultures and backgrounds.
The opportunity to join a world leading serving sciences organization, and to act in an international team of results-oriented people is our first benefit! Next to a competitive salary, our package contains a Flex Benefits arrangement, 28 holiday days annually, and we would like to offer you a Thermo Fisher employment contract right from the beginning!