This is Lyondellbasell
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2022, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the "World's Most Admired Companies" for the fifth consecutive year.This is the role
This position reports to the Manager Treasury & Liquidity Operations EU. In coordination with the other team members, this incumbent is responsible for managing day-to-day cash management as well as will be the main Lead of Treasury project globally. These responsibilities may include funding of group entities, short term investing of excess cash, borrowing under credit facilities/lines-of-credit, execution of internal and external FX transactions, ensuring Treasury Operations fully complies with company policies and controls and Leading and coordinating the Treasury related project Globally.
The position communicates frequently with a broad array of functional groups within the world-wide Treasury and CFO group, and will also interface regularly with external banking partners.
The function may also act as back-up for other Treasury Operations groups in case of emergencies
In this position you will be working on the following:
- Lead and coordinate Globally all Treasury projects
- Responsible for overall reporting, including long term cash flow forecast reporting
- Drive system improvements across the board
- Manage daily and long term cash position for entities in Europe, and other regions as required.
- Management of multi-currency notional cash pool.
- Manage cash balances and ensure efficient use of cash
- Monitor closely and take actions to minimize number of bank accounts.
- Negotiation, execution, reporting, and settlement of investments, incl. CP/CD/Bonds/Repo.
- Reviewing bank agreements
- Primary contact with Cash Management bank representatives.
- Responsible for managing and reporting FX hedges.
- Managing ad hoc requests.
- Collaborate with accounting, financial shared services, tax, accounts payable and other regional treasury personnel.
- Monitor and update relevant treasury documentation (work instructions) to ensure compliance and alignment with the rest treasury documents.
- Coach and train other Cash managers and Treasury Analysts.
- Act as backup for Manager Treasury & Liquidity Operations EU , Cash manager and Treasury Analyst.
- Bachelor’s degree and Master’s degree are required, ideally with a major in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance.
- Professional qualifications as CFA or ACT are preferred.
- Approximately 6 years of experience in Cash Management and Treasury.
- Knowledge of banking and experience with Treasury Management Systems, preferably SAP Treasury.
- Experience in reviewing bank agreements
- Well-organised, structured working approach
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with a wide range of audiences, internally and externally
- Strong focus on accuracy and detail
- Able to work under pressure in a company with an international culture
- Able to work with limited supervision
- Strong xl (VBA and macros) and power point skills are a must
- Fluent English language skills, other language skills are preferred.
The key and critical competencies & behaviors in this role are:
Getting Results and Added Value Focus:
The capability of meeting challenging objectives in an efficient and effective way. Contributing to the goals and the profitability of the company by getting the right things done in the right time against the lowest possible costs. Actively seeking business opportunities that provide the Company with a high added value.
Openness and Willingness to Learn:
The aptitude to actively explore new ideas that can enhance performance, taking in new knowledge as he/she goes. This can only occur when the individual maintains an open attitude in all respects, removing any barriers to learning and development. Maturity to identify potential problems or errors proactively and assist with implementing solutions. Essential is an eagerness to discover the unknown while not being afraid to challenge long standing beliefs, even if this means going against the crowd.
The willingness to strive together to realise solutions in a challenging team setting; looking for the common interest; aspiring to reach answers to problems and solutions driven by the company's interests.
We offer an environment where we encourage personal and professional growth and where you will be rewarded for your performance and results. You will have the possibility to work with specialist on all fields to develop innovative solutions and to extend your national and international network. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary package. The Company's Global Remote Work Policy allows eligible employees the option to work up to two days a week from home. LyondellBasell is committed to advancing diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) to ensure a positive experience for all employees.