We are looking for someone with talent, drive and a sense of humour to join our team as Handyman at our amazing, hotel-with-a-difference in Rotterdam!
In case you don’t know who we are (ahem):
TSH is a game-changer. Our unique hybrid hotel concept offers student accommodation as well as long and short stay options for students-at-heart, together with epic facilities and exciting co-working spaces. You can already find The Student Hotel in the Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Italy, France and Spain. And with still to be opened properties in Madrid, Barcelona and Toulouse, our unique hospitality concept is truly taking root in the heart of Europe.
Your mission, should you choose to accept:
Together with the Asset Manager and Hotel Manager you are involved in everything that has to do with maintenance and technics, both inside and outside of the hotel. You are super handy and therefore the first point of contact for guests and team members when an issue or malfunction is reported. You find it super important to have a lot of fun during your work! Working as a Handyman, not one day is the same. Some days you are doing checks and conducting reparations in the hotel, the next day you are working on fine tuning a range of technical activities and liaising with internal and external parties involved.
What You'll Do:
- Being first point of contact for maintenance issues for guests and colleagues;
- All relevant reparation work in and around the hotel;
- Conducting maintenance checks;
- Liaising with internal and external parties regarding technical and maintenance topics.
Who You Are
- You are capable of prioritizing and coordinating;
- You like to connect to the guests and your colleagues;
- You are reliable and can work independently;
- You are flexible and are able to work flexible hours: if there is an emergency you are available for help outside of office hours;
- You are eager to learn and love to share your experiences with other people;
- You have LBO/MBO-level of working and thinking, with additional relevant training in maintenance/construction (you are in possession of ‘VCA-basis’ certificates);
- You have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role (hotel environment preferred);
- You are very social and have a guest-oriented way of thinking; you like interacting with people from different backgrounds and want to work in an informal yet ambitious environment;
- You have good command of Dutch and you can at least manage accordingly in English;
- You like to have fun with your colleagues and the guests!
- You are legally allowed to work in The Netherlands.
What We Offer
- The opportunity to work at a dynamic, multi-national company. Not just another hotel - we’re a game changing innovator, challenging every convention and defining the future.
- The chance to learn and grow in your role with the potential for future growth.
- Awesome discounts in all our properties in Europe and not just for you, but also for your friends and family!
- A wonderful workplace to call home, full of events, fun colleagues and all the other amazing salary/benefits stuff.
We want you to be you. You have your own style; tattoos are cool and your hair is yours, not ours. Basically, we don’t want to change who you are because we think the best hospitality comes from people who can be themselves and show our guests their personality. Our team is diverse, representing more than one nationality, gender, age, sexual orientation, religion, culture and personality type. That’s what makes our team so special.