This is who we are
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2022, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the "World's Most Admired Companies" for the fifth consecutive year.This is the role
The Manager of the Materials Management is the global process owner for materials management and is responsible for development and implementation of the material management excellence model including strategies, standards, preferred practices and guidelines. This role will drive performance excellences of global warehouse management through leadership of the Material Management Network which is made up of warehouse supervisors from across the company.
The process owner acts as Subject Matter Expert (SME) and monitors leading and lagging indicators to identify improvement opportunities to mitigate reliability risks while optimizing overall warehouse inventory.
Location : Rotterdam or any other LyondellBasell location in Europe
- Global (US and EAI) Process Owner for Material Management. Owns the Material Management Process as part of the Maintenance Excellence Model
- Influences a global stock value of more than $553 MM across all regions and business segments
- Achieve operating inventory targets, including managing aged, surplus and non-productive inventories
- Set corporate strategy for warehouse management
- Drives global stock optimization programs, realizing value in risk reduction and cost savings
- Leads the Global Material Management Technical network
- Acts as process owner for Master Data Governance (MDG) materials, provides training and drives improvements
- Ensures compliance with legal and regulatory requirements in collaboration with internal audit, internal control and finance
- Audits manufacturing sites warehouse process against company standards to identify improvement needs and best practices
- Owns and tracks the inventory dashboard and ACP savings tracker to drives improvements through site influence.
- Supports implementation of material management procedures at new sites and joint ventures.
- Required - High School Diploma or Associates degree and a minimum of 15 years of experience in Material/Warehouse Management including 5 years supervisory experience
Preferred - Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Civil or Industrial engineering or degree in Industrial Distribution or similar disciplines with 6 or more years in material/warehouse or distribution management experience.
- Language English, additional language preferred
- High level of knowledge in the Quality Management and Warehouse Management SAP modules
- Understands the function of material management in the Maintenance and Operations Workflow Process
- Capability to provide troubleshooting in the warehouse work processes
- Ability to plan, prioritize and implement multiple concurrent projects or activities in order to effectively meet business needs
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong demonstration of accountability
- Capability to build cross regional teams of different business segments
- Strong customer focus
- Capability to work and communicate with different levels of the company organization
- Openness for innovations
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
We offer an environment where we encourage personal and professional growth and where you will be rewarded for your performance and results. You will have the possibility to work with specialist on all fields to develop innovative solutions and to extend your national and international network. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary package.
The Company's Global Remote Work Policy allows eligible employees the option to work up to two days a week from home.
LyondellBasell is committed to advancing diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) to ensure a positive experience for all employees.