To join the Manufacturing and Applied Statistics (MAS) team.Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a Johnson & Johnson company, is recruiting a:
postdoctoral researcher in statistics
- 1 year contract -
The successful candidate will contribute to statistical design and analysis considerations in analytical and process quality by design objectives for small molecules. Research activities will focus on model-based process development, continuous process understanding and control, as well as the link between non-clinical quality and clinical outcomes. The work will include methodological research, implementation of statistical concepts though user-friendly software applications, and building a library of reference and guidance documents. We offer a post-doc position for 1 year with possibility of working remotely and opportunities for further personal and professional development.
Janssen R&D, part of the Janssen family of pharmaceutical companies within Johnson and Johnson (J&J), develops medicines to address unmet medical needs and improve the quality of life of patients worldwide. Research and development encompasses therapeutic areas focused on Immunology, Oncology, Infectious Diseases and Vaccines, Neuroscience, Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension, and Cardiovascular & Metabolic Diseases. Driven by our commitment to patients, we bring innovative products, services and solutions to people throughout the world. Please visit www.janssen.com for more information.
The Manufacturing and Applied Statistics (MAS) department, part of the Statistics & Decision Sciences (SDS) organization at Janssen, provides statistical support to the design and analysis of manufacturing applications that typically combine statistics together with scientific/engineering aspects. Our services span a wide variety of areas covering compounds, programs, and technologies in all stages of pharmaceutical research and development in the interest of the quality, the safety, and the continued supply of all portfolio medicines to the benefit of patients. Increasing regulatory requirements and introduction of new technologies make statistical support a key element in the evolving area of manufacturing. MAS represents a global team of statisticians located in Beerse (Belgium), Leiden (The Netherlands), High Wycombe (United Kingdom), Prague (Czech Republic), Pennsylvania (PA, USA), New Jersey (NJ, USA), and Shanghai (China) campuses.Responsibilities
- Review of the design and analysis of manufacturing development studies
- Methodological research and implementation of statistical concepts through user-friendly software applications in support of analytical and process quality by design objectives
- Contribute to statistical aspects of model-based process development and continuous process control
- Development of a statistical framework for linkage of non-clinical quality with clinical outcomes
- Build a library of reference materials and guidance documents for harmonization purposes
- Contribute to the scientific community through publications
- Ph.D. in Statistics or related field
- Knowledge of linear mixed models, Bayesian statistics and multivariate analysis is required
- Expertise in the design of experiments
- Interest in biopharmaceutics
- Proficient in R programming
- Eager to expand expertise, strong intellectual curiosity
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team environment
- Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
- An exciting position in an international and dynamic environment with continuous learning and growth opportunities
- A competitive salary, on-site sport accommodations, health/energy programs and other benefits for you and your family.
- An inclusive team environment where diversity and different opinions are respected and valued, and the importance of a good work-life balance is recognized.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.Primary Location
Europe/Middle East/Africa-Netherlands-South Holland-Leiden, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Czech Republic-Prague-Prague
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)