Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue of approximately $40 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, increasing productivity in their laboratories, improving patient health through diagnostics or the development and manufacture of life-changing therapies, we are here to support themFor more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Our global team of more than 100,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services, Patheon and PPD. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
The NanoPort team, within the Sales and Service Division (SSD) Organization, runs a state-of-the-art electron microscopy lab, supporting Thermo Fisher Scientific’s account managers and external customers. Key deliverables of the NanoPort team are:
· Carefully prepared product and workflow demonstrations, based on a solid understanding of customers’ application needs, providing evidence of the unique value of Thermo Fisher Scientific’s solution in a highly competitive market.
· Customer applications training and support providing unparalleled value, allowing users to obtain the best possible results and value from their instruments in the shortest possible time.
· Both elements are key deliverables of the NanoPort team and are critical to the success of Thermo Fisher Scientific and its customers.
How will you make an impact?
The Applications Training Specialist in the Materials Science application team is responsible for providing application training and expertise in the support of Thermo Fisher Scientific’s Customer Support efforts at customer sites.
What will you do?
· Customer support and applications training post sales cycle and after the instrument has been installed.
· Conduct customer training and translate customer needs into workable solutions.
· Provide continuous feedback to the product groups on system performance, features, and potential problems through intensive customer engagement during trainings.
· Cultivating positive customer relationships and acting as a high level customer interface for specific instrument/applications issues, explaining complex technology details, giving in depth technical presentations and assisting in applications development.
· Technical product expert assisting with all phases of the sales cycle.
How Will You Get Here?
This customer focused position is ideal for microscopists wanting to be involved with a dynamic team and exposed to a constant variety of customer application areas. The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
· Typically requires a University degree in Materials Science, Chemistry and or Physics, an advanced degree is preferred.
· Knowledge and recent hands-on experience with DualBeam is required.
· 3 or more years of experience in a relevant position within the research environment with recent experience utilizing DualBeam technology.
· Knowledge of advanced technology diagnostics as well as troubleshooting techniques, operational optimization, and experience of analytical equipment; specifically, electron/ion microscopes.
· Excellent, enthusiastic, clear communication skills, both written and verbal, with a diverse audience are critical to the success of this position.
· Excellent customer interfacing skills a must.
· Proven ability to interact with cross-functional and cross-cultural teams.
· Ability to travel both domestically and internationally (70%), possession of a valid passport.