We’re looking for a Software Developer Operations Engineer (DevOps Engineer) to join our Engineering Design Services Team in Eindhoven.
Working for Signify means being creative and adaptive while working in a fast-paced company. Our culture of continuous learning and commitment to diversity and inclusion creates an environment that allows you to build your skills and career while transforming our industry.
As the world leader in lighting, we’re constantly ahead of the curve. Through our leadership in connected lighting and the Internet of Things, we’re breaking new grounds in data analytics, AI, and smart homes, offices, cities and more!
Signify is one of the few companies in the world to achieve carbon neutrality and our next sustainability goals are even bolder: doubling our positive impact on the environment and society by 2025.
As a DevOps Engineer you’ll work with top technology partners, learn new skills and grow your career. Your work will make a huge - and high-tech - impact. If you are looking for a challenge, you will find it at Signify.
This role is part of Engineering Design Services, a Research team of around 15 people in the sector Automated Design. Its responsibilities are at the heart of driving systems and services for the Engineering community.
We’re on the lookout for forward-thinking innovators with a passion for sustainability. If you match this description, get in touch!
What you’ll do
The Software Operations Support team helps in the deployment, maintenance, upgrade of software solutions. We create product designs that are customized for our customer needs and we can create variation of products that can be manufactured with minimum supervision of people or involvement of product engineers. The activities aim at automation and digitization of product designs that increase speed in time to market.
- Engage with the Research and Development engineers to understand the current tools that need support and maintenance and become familiar with them
- Enable the Automation of tools, Re-use of modules and components
- Operate and support SW tools that automate the way engineers design, produce and manage products
- Guarantee that the software tools are properly deployed and maintained and upgraded in timely manner
- Gain application knowledge of the systems as well as contributing to their overall testing and support.
- Work closely with Innovation teams: to improve or maintain security, reliability, and scalability into the development lifecycle.
- Learn new technologies and keep abreast of technical developments in SW realm.
- Engage with the IT organization and R&D to develop a clear and agreed set of criteria for support in-take of future tools.
- Define technical guidelines and processes for the non-functional requirements of R&D tools. This includes, but is not limited to, strong security and access control, backup methodologies, lifecycle management, documentation etc.
- You have a Bachelor/Master Degree in Computer Science, SW Engineering, Informatics or equivalent
- 2 – 3 years experience with distributed services architecture and all aspects of it: microservices, API's, message queues, etc.
- Typically 3-5 years experience in C# programming and .NET technology stack. Experience with Python would be a plus
- You’ve knowledge of Internet technologies such as Web services, Restful API's, Web Server technologies(IIS/NGINX, Apache, httpd), Open Source projects, Containerization (Docker), etc.
- You’ve at least 2 years of experience with Scripting and CI/CD tools such as Jenkins. Experience with automatic end-to-end testing
- You've strong analytical, conceptual and creative thinking skills.
- You've strong verbal and written communications skills and ability to interact with multiple teams and customers.
What you’ll get in return…
We’re offering multiple opportunities for career development, like mentoring, coaching and stretch assignments, with strong international exposure for dynamic profiles. Learning is fundamental to our culture. Through continuous learning, we are transforming the industry. You have the chance to learn every day, acquire new skills and perspectives through customized online programs, and on-the-job experiences.
See #SignifyLife through the eyes of our employees!