Our global house-of-brands inspires and empowers youth culture. Relentlessly committed to fuel a shared passion for self-expression, we create unrivaled experiences at the heart of the sport and sneaker communities through the power of our people. If you want to be a part of something bigger than you can imagine, you’ve come to the right place. To learn more about the incredible impact we’re making on both our local and global communities, Click Here!
Foot Locker is looking for a Design Manager - EMEA to be part of the store design function within a fast-paced, high-performance retail rollout team supporting the EMEA expansion strategy.
The Design Manager – EMEA is responsible for scoping and developing detailed technical drawings and managing various types of brand specific store design projects for each location from inception to completion. Accountable for meeting all design related Project Schedule milestone dates and budget thresholds. Partners with divisional stakeholders/clients and cross functional SD&C colleagues, to originate and develop appropriate site-specific CD packages and solutions for all divisions. Designs and implements new and unique design initiatives as required.
If you thrive in an ever-changing progressive environment, then we want to talk to you. This position will work closely with cross-functional teams, external consultants and vendors throughout the store development process. Oversight of consultant performance is critical. This candidate must have a professional and positive demeanor and the ability to communicate effectively with business partners at every level, including leadership.Verantwoordelijkheden
- Accountable for the complete Design Project Life Cycle from REC approval through store opening.
- Ability to take and embrace leadership direction on existing and new strategies regarding timelines, VE, detailing, engineering, space planning etc.
- Is the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for across all divisions. Accountable for the communication and development of any changes, revisions, expectations as evolutions occur. Captures, communicates, updates brand specific Architectural master sets on an as needed basis.
- Educates/communicates to cross functional team members on brand specific standards & guidelines.
- Responsible for the delivery of store layouts and schemes based on project requirements, mall criteria, lease lines, egress, signage, energy requirements, and code issues relative to the design concept.
- Responsible for ensuring consistency in quality and accuracy of all technical drawings.
- Accountability for adhering to stringent reinvestment strategies for New, Refresh, Rebrand or Remodel projects.
- Is main point of contact to PM’s on all field issues/clarifications/concerns
- Manages and provides guidance and expertise to outside architectural firms, contractors, engineers and in-house entities regarding space planning, detailing, color, finish, and fixture expectations.
- Holds self and outside consultants/Architecture firms accountable for key deliverable dates associated with project life cycle project schedule to include but not limited to: DSO, FDSO, CD review and Tender set.
- Responsible for reviewing and qualifying MEP documents as part of the project life cycle.
- Responsible for and ensures that City/Bldg. Department comments and LL comments are received in a timely manner. Comments are captured and addressed in drawing sets within 3-5 business days. Updates status to cross functional teams in team update meetings.
- Issues revisions and/or design directives to outside consultants in a timely manner on an as needed basis to maintain project schedule deliverable dates.
- Develops and delivers internally created space layouts and elevations, ensuring maximum use of space and close adherence to store concepts including lighting layouts, backroom configuration, and manipulation of store fronts.
- Responsibility for and ensuring that colors & finishes on projects are within brand standards & expectations.
- Responsible for Approving and modifying architect’s suggested space layouts ensuring that construction documents are consistent with the company and brands design strategies as well as meet architectural, budgetary quality standards.
- Partners with the coordinates Operations Team and Visual Merchants to modify ficture plans as defined.
- Negotiates through Local Architect with landlords on brand issues and signage.
- Presents designs to internal Design team and internal clients/leadership as needed to ensure consistency of the design concept.
- Develops and presents storefront renderings, presentation drawings, material, and finish boards to send to developers/LL’s as necessary.
- Partners with Design Leadership on new projects such as concepting, fixture development, new materials and finishes, value engineering and any other special design projects on an as needed basis.
- Performs various administrative functions based on project needs.
- Recommends and coordinates depletion of inventoried materials into project scopes and designs.
- Works cross functionally with outside vendor partners to insure procured items take offs are accurate to projects as drawn.
- Accountable that project scope is aligned with approved REC budget guidelines and is the champion for stringent budget adherence and cost savings.
- Bachelor’s Degree in interior design or Architectural design required.
- 5+ years’ experience in Store Design required. Previous experience required in developing interior design concepts, preparing working drawings, interior plans, and construction documents, and researching fixture, furniture, and equipment options.
- Excellent 3D rendering skills, Sketch Up required.
- Ability to hand sketch
- Strong knowledge/understanding/execution with regards to technical skills detailing, engineering, MEP
- High Proficiency with AutoCAD and Adobe suite applications.
- Ability to work effectively within a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to complete tasks with accuracy and with strong attention to details.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines, completing tasks as previously defined.
- Ability to work with integrity, trust, commitment, and accountability setting a high standard for self and others.
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and professionally, both verbally and in writing in the English language.