Hier ga je werken
This is where you will land
Within the department ComIT, at our headquarters in Utrecht, Commercial and IT professionals work together in multidisciplinary teams. ComITians work in various clusters and teams on continuous improvement of the services to passengers, through products such as NS Flex and the NS Business Card and information services such as NS.nl and the NS App. Our mindset is Agile and we work Scrum. We are entrepreneurial, self-organizing and want to continuously learn, develop and improve in order to create an Agile working environment. This is the only way we can meet the ever-changing needs of our travelers now and in the future. Our motto? You build it, you own it, you love it!
Within ComIT, your work takes place in Result Cluster ‘Reizigers’. The name says it all, travelers are the foundation in this cluster. Here we know our travelers and what their needs are. Based on this, we inspire, seduce, inform and service them in an unambiguous and recognizable way during their entire (digital) customer journey. Current themes that are being worked on include the seamless customer journey, travel information and inspiration, personalization, self-service contact strategy, digital, customer experience and brand.
This is the place where we are building the digital future of NS!
The biggest challenge in our digital transformation is creating speed. In a large organization like NS, that demands something from the organization. ComIT has the right atmosphere to create this speed. You work together with colleagues who all have a proactive and pragmatic attitude and who dare to take ownership. You can relate to that, because:
- You are ambitious and driven to continuously learn and develop.
- You like to coach colleagues and give feedback to help them get a little better every day.
- You are entrepreneurial and think in solutions, fact-based, data-driven.
- As a Digital Native you want to continuously innovate and improve user experiences.
- Customer-oriented thinking and acting comes natural to you.
‘Plan, Book & Pay’
You will work in an independent team (2 sub-teams) consisting of: 5 Android developers, 4 iOS developers, 3 backend developers, a DevOps engineer, 3 UX/Visual designers, 2 Mobile QA testers, a touchpoint specialist, a Scrum Master and the Product Owner. In the team we develop the technology we use as well as our way of working. We brainstorm about great solutions, work hard together and pioneer in our own field and beyond. And of course you are also busy with what you love to do: developing. We are happy to help you with this by offering the latest technologies.
In this podcast ‘Van code tot coupé’ Vivianne meets the PO of team ‘Plannen’, Leslie Keijzer in the train. Vivianne opens the NS app to check her journey and which train she is on, realtime. A new functionality: ‘train detection’. This functionality has been developed in the NS Lab app. She speaks to him about what it takes to develop one of the most used apps in the Netherlands.Dit zijn de functie-eisen
You love to learn, you easily spot opportunities for improvement and you take others along with you. Important elements in Agile working such as collaboration, responding to changes and delivering short cyclical value suit your way of working. You have good communication skills and you show decisiveness and dare to make decisions.
You bring with you:
- 5 years of experience with software development and devops.
- 5 years of experience with developing in Java/Kotlin, of which more than 2 years with Kotlin.
- Experience with Spring Boot, RxJava, AWS.
- Experience API development, Git and CI/CD pipelines.
- You know how to build and operate API's in containers.
Nice to have:
- Spring Webflux knowledge.
- API development for apps.
Tools you use:
At NS, we believe in the importance of diversity and inclusion, it makes working together more fun and the results even better. It does not matter what your background or philosophy is: we are interested to learn about your vision on Backend Development.Dit zijn de arbeidsvoorwaarden
What we offer you
Working at NS means that you can make a difference in the world of sustainable mobility. You are part of an organization that is at the heart of society and that sets the Netherlands in motion. But as one of the largest employers in the Netherlands, we have so much more to offer you. For this position this includes:
- A maximum salary of € 5357,52 gross per month (based on a 36-hour working week);
- A 36-hour work week;
- Five weeks vacation (180 hours based on full-time employment). On top of this, more than a week of extra leave;
- The ability to exchange 3 Christian holidays for 3 non-Christian holidays;
- 3% end-of-year bonus, 8% holiday allowance and an excellent pension scheme;
- Your train travels in 2nd class are free; 1st class travel is possible for a small personal contribution;
- Free train travel during off-peak hours for your family members;
- Discount on European train travels as soon as you have worked at NS for 1 year;
- Professional development opportunities and a choice plan;
- The possibility of working from home and flexible working hours (in consultation);
- If you perform well, you will receive a permanent contract after one year;
- Do you want to know everything in more detail? View the NS CAO here.