Alturna Networks is a fast-growing IT company specializing in buying and selling professional networking equipment. We offer a large range of routers and switches, optical components and network modules. We currently have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced financial accountant, to be based in our Almere office.
As a financial accountant (EMEA), you will be a part of the finance team with the following duties and responsibilities:
- Become a back-up for colleagues in all parts of the process (daily processes) to cover for holidays, illness and work rotation. Knowledge of the entire financial process is needed.
- Participate in the monthly & annual financial closing process.
- Generate reports on expenditure based on past, present and expected operations.
- Generate reports on outstanding debts and collections.
- Communicate these (and other) reports systematically to management with an in-depth analysis of trends, changes and possible threats.
- Establish or recommend to management major economic objectives and policies.
- Ensure compliance with finance policies and procedures and all applicable laws.
- Ensure the collection and payment of any taxes.
- Advise management of desirable operational adjustments due to tax code revisions.
- Must be able to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Participate in internal and external audit work.
- Proactive involvement in ad hoc tasks and projects.
- Work in an advising role, assessing possible treats and opportunities.
- Stock inventory control and analysis.
To be considered for the position of Accounting Specialist, you will be educated to degree level with demonstrable experience and skills in the following:
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Fluency in English; additional knowledge of any other European languages would be advantageous.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Accounting software (Account View preferred), and other applicable computer systems. Budgetary analysis capabilities required.
- Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Commercial experience post-graduation, 2 years in a similar role.
- Experience working within an international matrix organization would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of Account View is beneficial.
- Great affinity for numbers, analysis and discovering financial trends
- Must be able to work independently, precisely and in a timely manner.
- Fast growing, non cyclical company with international colleagues.
- A young and dynamic work atmosphere where decisions are made fast.
- You will have a great variety of responsibilities and will be part of an innovative and market leader company.
- Very generous rewards.
- Good prospects for the future.
- Great location in Almere.
- Fun after-work activities & social events.
*** Only candidates with a valid EU work permit and who are already residing in the Netherlands and familiar with the Dutch Tax Laws, will be considered for this role ***
To apply, please send a cv and cover letter to – Klik op de solliciteer-button om te solliciteren –
For additional information, please visit our web site at http://www.alturna.nl/ or send your queries to – Klik op de solliciteer-button om te solliciteren – or call 088-2588762