This position has a strong focus on biochemical and immunological expertise.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Chemical modification of bacterial surface molecules.
- Analysis of antigen-antibody interactions.
- Analyze carbohydrate, protein-, or glycoconjugate-based antigens.
- Know, implement and improve established tests for carbohydrates, proteins, glycoconjugates, and particle-based vaccines.
- Develop new biochemical methods (evaluate LoD, LoQ, accuracy, etc.)
- With help from product development specialists, design and implement biochemical assays for in-process control (IPC), product characterization, and product release.
- Support CROs to plan, execute, document, and review their work.
- M.Sc. or B.Sc. with equivalent experience in Biological Science with at least 2-4 years of relevant experience in academia or biotech industry.
- The position requires an in-depth knowledge of glycoprotein biochemistry and/or antigen-antibody interactions.
- You have knowledge of biochemical literature with emphasis on carbohydrate antigens, biochemical assay development, optimization and troubleshooting.
- Familiarity with automated or semi-automated instrumentation, while not required, would be advantageous, as would familiarity with the multi-disciplinary activities involving antigen-antibody interactions.
- This role is intended to be a hands-on lab-based job with plenty opportunity to learn and develop new skillsets.
- Problem solver, performing hands-on laboratory experiments.
- Communicates clearly and efficiently.
- Team player, able to manage and monitor work contracted to CROs.
- Organize data efficiently (e.g. databases) and with data security in mind.
- Operate and maintain analytical laboratory equipment.
- Safety-conscious and fluent in English.
- Computer skills: Excel, statistical analysis, databases, etc.
XDES is specialist in recruitment van technisch personeel.