This position is based at an EMEA Support Center at Sittard , The Netherlands .
The Technical support representatives will serve as a technical resource and will provide customer support, product testing, and other technical support functions. Answer complex technical inquiries from customers regarding the offerings, solutions and select third-party products, analyze hardware, software and system configurations to identify and diagnose customer-reported issues and recommend corrective actions. Maintain records of customer contact to track customer history and report recurring problems/high severity issues to appropriate resources.
The offerings forming a highly optimized solution for digital communication that manages the entire lifecycle for multi-layered playlist creation, distribution, audience measurement and monitoring of large-scale digital communication networks. It is massively scalable and capable of managing networks containing up to 50,000 concurrent media devices.
It combines patented content delivery platform with state-of-the-art digital media technology. The solution can be purchased as a customer-deployed, through a Software as a Service (SaaS) arrangement.
- Provide technical support via phone and email for all hardware/software products: answer technical inquiries, diagnose reported problems or configuration issues, recommend possible solutions, follow issue through to resolution or escalate
if no resolution can be found;
- Analyze problems and develop solutions to meet customer needs;
- Follow team-specific guidelines for product group engagement to ensure timely resolution of customer issues;
- Document all technical inquiries and customer-reported problems in the customer tracking database including the nature of the inquiry, and the resolution recommended. Multi-task, prioritize and organize all calls and e-mails sent to you and assigned
- minimum 1 - 2 years technical support experience;
- Education in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar discipline is preferred, though comparable knowledge and proof of learning ability, through job experience, is also acceptable;
- Clear thinker with excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong problem-solving/troubleshooting skills;
- Professional and effective communications skills - both verbal and written;
- Ability to effectively interact and maintain professionalism with customers at all levels via phone and email;
- Working knowledge of computer operating systems;
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL and Apache Tomcat is preferable;
- Able to work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors;
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions;
- Ability to interact professionally with senior, internal and external personnel.
Salary and Benefits
An above market salary and benefits package is available. They provide a workweek wich is also possible for part time work.
You can work fulltime or part time (24h >).
They are growing rapidly and they set up a new International technical support department for their location in Sittard in 2017.
29 days of a year;
Holiday money 8%.