Boreal Europe BV - Software Design Engineer
Boreal Europe BV is a world-leading provider of laser-based gas monitoring solutions for safety, emission measurement and process control. Boreal Europe BV products are typically used for critical hazardous gas or toxic gas detection applications over distances up to 500 meters.
You will work in a team developing industrial measurement and control equipment. These are typically microcontroller or FPGA based, mixed analog-digital designs with interfacing to sensors. You will specify, design and test innovative and reliable signal processing to extract relevant information from the laser signal.
- programming (micro) controllers in C/C++
- If you can also do the following then that is a big +
- Specification, design, testing and qualification of FPGA firmware
- Follow internal design and development processes using a structured approach
- Timely production of deliverables as agreed with R&D manager
- Stay up-to-date on new technical developments and share knowledge
Knowledge of and experience with
- Good understanding of Digital Signal Processing
- Knowledge of VHDL and/or Verilog programming and/or Matlab
- Drawing PCB’s is a big +
- Affinity with both analog and digital domain, AD-converters, aliasing, modulation and demodulation
Qualifications (hbo/wo level)
- Bachelor degree in ICT, (Technical) Computer Science or Information Science
Master degree in Embedded Systems, Software Engineering or Computer Science
and/or knowledge by experience
- Fluent in English. Knowledge of Dutch or other languages is an advantage
- Strong planning skills and able to perform under pressure
- Focus on quality with an eye for detail
- Strong communicator and team player
- Strong feeling for accountability
- Cross-functional view
- Desire to learn
What do we offer you also in return?
- Your own desk stimulating working environment
- fresh daily lunch stable team which is professional and sociable
- good salary learning on the job if needed
- parking spot at the entrance traveling costs coverage
You will start with a fixed term contract of 6 or 12 months, with the possibility and intended goal to get a permanent position!