Boreal Europe BV – Embedded Software & Hardware Engineer
Boreal Europe BV is a world-leading provider of laser-based gas monitoring solutions for safety, emission measurement and process control. Boreal Europe BV products are typically used for critical hazardous gas or toxic gas detection applications over distances up to 500 meters.
You will work in a team developing industrial measurement and control equipment. These are typically microcontroller or FPGA based, mixed analog-digital designs with interfacing to sensors. You will specify, design, test and qualify innovative, safe and reliable designs that are fit for production.
• Specification, design, production, testing and qualification of electronic hardware
• electronical schematics design, analog and digital
• designing PCBs
• Working in multi-disciplinary projects in conjunction with electronic and software/embedded engineers
• Works in multi-disciplinary projects in conjunction with mechanical and software/embedded engineers
• Follow internal design and development processes using a structured approach
• Timely production of deliverables as agreed with R&D manager
• Stay up-to-date on new technical developments and share knowledge
• Willing to learn to keep own knowledge up to date.
Knowledge of and experience with
• Understanding of analog, digital and power supply design fundamentals
• Knowledge of microcontroller and FPGA designs is a big +
• Basic Knowledge of CAD PCB design tools
• Understanding of relevant electrical, explosion protection and functional safety standards (e.g. ATEX, SIL) is a strong advantage
• Bachelor or associate degree in Electrical Engineering and/or Computer Science
Master degree in Electrical Engineering and/or Computer Science and/or Computing Science
and/or knowledge by experience
• Affinity with sensor design and industrial communication preferred
• Fluent in English. Knowledge of Dutch or other languages is an advantage
• Planning skills and able to perform under pressure
• Focus on quality with an eye for detail
• Strong communicator and team player
• Strong feeling for accountability
• Cross-functional view
• Desire to learn
What do we offer you also in return?
• Your own desk stimulating working environment
• fresh daily lunch stable team which is professional and sociable
• good salary learning on the job if needed
• parking spot at the entrance traveling costs coverage
You will start with a fixed term contract of 6 or 12 months, with the possibility and intended goal to get a permanent position!