Are you a customer focused, problem-solving IT specialist who likes to help colleagues and who would like to work in a dynamic international environment? Then we are looking for you!
Our client, a leading global shipping company is looking for an all-round System Administrator for its European headquarters based in Amsterdam.
As a Support Specialist you will provide IT support to local staff, making sure all equipment and systems function properly. You will install, maintain, repair, diagnose and upgrade the relevant devices and equipment; all in a timely, accurate and customer focused manner.
Among your responsibilities:
- Designing, installing and maintaining Servers, storage and network infrastructure;
- Infrastructure monitoring, fault diagnosis and resolution, directly or via third parties;
- Developing and implementing cyber security solutions;
- Provide on-site or remote technical support services for end users;
- Install, configure, test, maintain, and troubleshoot end-user workstations, IP Phones and related hardware and software;
- Assist with server, network and audio/video equipment installations, troubleshooting and movement of existing equipment of these types when necessary;
- Assist with troubleshooting mobile devices for on-site and/or traveling users;
- Assist with server, network and audio/video equipment lifecycles.
The salary for this role is depending on education and experience.
The Support Specialist we are looking for is analytical, communicative, organized and a natural problem solver. Next to that we are looking for:
- Working knowledge of hardware, equipment, components, devices and accessories;
- Technical knowledge of Windows 2012, 2016 / Cloud / Linux / Virtualization VMware, Exchange and Database MS SQL Server;
- 2nd and 3d line support experience;
- Fluent in English both written and oral (any other European languages are a big plus);
- Equivalent or MSc in Information Technology would be an advantage;
- Past experience supporting a 24x7 company would be an advantage.