Metrological is quickly growing (inter-)nationally and therefore we are looking for expansion of our current team with a C++ Software Engineer and Integration Engineer.
As a C++ Software Engineer / Integration Engineer within Metrological, you will be the technical contact towards our customer. You work together with the client to, align system requirements, system design and the accompanying documentation. This together makes this function a challenging combination of system design and system integration, as well as software design and development!
A C++ Software Engineer / Integration Engineer within Metrological has broad responsibilities. The following things will be expected from you:
- You aim to provide our clients the best you can, preferably within the Metrological architecture;
- The describing and implementing of the system definition for our clients’ system, in collaboration with the client and Metrological’s CTO/Development department;
- You lead project from a technical perspective, especially during the integration course;
- You deliver a regular contribution to the development of the Metrological’ software;
- Involvement in to the deciding of a fitting solution for our customer and implementing it into the system architecture;
- Visiting clients for the purpose of consultation, design sessions and/or integration projects;
- After delivery, you will stay involved into the project, for after care and bug fixing for instance;
- You develop a strong relationship with the client and get to know the client’s organisation and business;
- Working together with third parties with regard to integration issues.
You are an experienced C++ Software Engineer / Integration Engineer and have the right mix of communication skills, commercial skills and technical knowhow. Additionally, you are result driven, you have excellent socials skills and are very motivated to gain technical knowledge of our systems and our domain. You are also flexible, deal well with changing priorities and you function well in an open organisation that permits and sometimes obligates independent work.
We also ask for the following qualifications:
- Higher professional technical education (bachelor) or equivalent professional level achieved due to experience;
- You are an experienced C++ Software Engineer / Integration Engineer and have experience with complex software integrations, preferably in combination with a relation to Digital Television;
- You have experience with complex embedded software systems;
- You have 4-5 years of relevant work experience with C/C++ and Linux;
- You have strong communication and presentations skills and work well with third parties and clients;
- You have a passion for innovation and technique;
- You have a proactive attitude towards work and not a ‘9 to 5’ mentality but a ‘let’s go for it’ spirit (must); Working times may vary seeing our clients are in different time zones;
- You are accurate, you work structured and you are a team player who takes his/her responsibilities and is capable of working independently;
- You are pro-active, result driven and don’t mind traveling abroad.
We offer you a dynamic role in an environment with a promising future, where there is room for individual and professional growth. You will get a working spot in an inspiring environment with the latest equipment, so you can get the most out of yourself and the job.
Besides a good salary (depending on knowledge and experience) you will get a MacBook and iPhone. Metrological is so rapidly growing that there are unlimited career opportunities.
Want to apply for the job?
Do you want to help working on Metrological’s growing success? Please send your résumé and motivation letter to Marlous de Leeuw (– Klik op de solliciteer-button om te solliciteren –)
Metrological delivers a cloud-based software solution to make apps available to TV-operators such as Comcast, KPN, UPC and Ooredoo. Besides that, we also offer operators an app library with premium and long tail content. The platform is live in many countries and reaches globally 40 million households.
Our head office is located in the centre of Rotterdam and is best described as an open and inspiring working environment with an informal but professional atmosphere. Together with a strong team of over 45 young and ambitious employees you will be working on the development and deployment of our TV Application Framework to new operators.