For the squad (CRAS), that manages the application of Approval Package, we are looking for a Dev Engineer (senior Java Specialist) who wants to work in a Wholesale Banking Risk Management environment and who has the drive and capabilities to deliver value for the Credit, Market and Trading Risk stakeholders.
The BusDevOps-squad of Approval Package is currently part of the COO RISK / Change Department. The department provides integrated, enterprise wide risk management solutions to empower their customers, such as: CRO domains, Business lines, Value chains and the Wholesale Banking Network.
The primary focus of the squad is on the Credit Risk Management domain within Wholesale Banking.
We operate according to a Scrum Agile delivery process and strongly believe in the BusDevOps approach to delivering IT solutions. The focus is on high-quality mission-critical software delivered in time using iterative development with regular milestone demos to the business, so that at the end there are no surprises about what we build.
As part of this BusDevOps team, the Dev Engineer ensures delivery across the end-to-end application chain. He understands the complete stack from application to hardware. He understands the detailed workflow of the application, the detailed technical behaviour of application servers and databases and the importance of maintaining a high security profile, safeguarding the Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability of ING data and information assets.
You are a driven IT specialist with excellent analytical and programming skills. You are ambitious with what you want and your BusDevOps team to achieve. You have very good social and communication skills. You feel a personal responsibility for the quality of your application and its reliability, and you work together with your colleagues across your domain. You recognise problems and work to solve them by yourself and with other ING colleagues. You have to have a 'no nonsense' getting-things-done mentality.
- Analyzes and Technical Designs based on business requirements.
- Builds code from scratch or customizes/maintains code in a large codebase, with a component/service architecture .
- Identifies risks and impact on the application and interfaces.
- Test and executes deployment and rollback scripts in the various (Test, Acceptance and Production) environments.
- Applies Continuous Delivery practices in the team: automated Compile, Build, Deploy, Test and maintenance of Jenkins and Ansible tooling and scripting.
- Continuously improves the automation of testing and deployment tools and activities
- Arranges and operates Development- and Test environments of systems in scope
- Realizes non-functional requirements, for example regarding Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability, risk, compliance and security, in line with existing policies and at all levels (OS, middleware, application, chain and ING level)
- Applies version control (Git, Subversion) and software configuration management.
- Creates test cases and test scripts, tests applications in the Test environment and gathers test evidence.
- Performs root cause analyses of Production Incidents.
Requested experience & knowledge:
- Your key competencies: excellent team player, persistent, service oriented, customer centric, eager to learn, an entrepreneur.
- You love to deep dive technology, searching for root causes of issues and incidents and to resolve them.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience, preferably in creating highly scalable mission-critical applications.
- You are able to develop and tune efficient and maintainable code with the right balance between solving the problem at hand and not over-engineering your solution.
- Experience with Continuous delivery pipelines (Git, Jenkins, Artifactory and Ansible).
- Understanding of Linux, J2EE application servers, Test Driven Development and automated build and deployment.
- Knowledge of relational databases (e.g. Oracle, MS SQL Server, MySQL)
- Good knowledge of Oracle databases: e.g. PL/SQL scripting and analytical functions.
- Excellent knowledge of Java and J2EE concepts.
- Experience with Java web development, Spring MVC, Struts, Rest, SOAP and Json.
- Good understanding of Credit Risk methodologies, practices, regulations and Wholesale Banking products is preferable.
- Flexible with respect to working pattern/ hours.
- Great English communication skills, verbal as well as written.