The Online Campaign Manager is responsible for successfully setting up and executing digital campaigns to recruit startups via the VC4A.com platform and across its social media channels.
The ideal candidate is highly organized, has an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments, manages deadlines and likes to work independently. Strong knowledge of Wordpress CMS, Mailchimp newsletters and main social media platforms are a must. The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills in English, has a keen eye for detail and is driven to deliver results.
VC4A is Africa’s leading platform connecting entrepreneurs with investors, mentors and startup support programs. We strengthen the African startup community by creating innovative and scalable businesses with the knowledge, network and funding they need to succeed.
FULL-TIME / PART-TIME · AMSTERDAM
What we are looking for
We are looking for someone who has experience working with the Wordpress CMS system and can edit text and images to ensure the quality of content on the platform. This is in addition to supporting strategic partners and programs with their outreach efforts using tools like Mailchimp newsletters and main social media tools. The work is both diverse and rewarding, with lots of opportunities for learning and growth.
At the core, we seek a driven individual to lead the implementation of digital campaigns on behalf of our partners and to attract startup entrepreneurs to programs initiated by VC4A and our partners.
- Work together with clients on branding of the campaign and set-up of promotion pages and application forms;
- Select and invite relevant startups to apply for certain programs run by our partners on VC4A;
- Run the social media accounts (paid and unpaid campaigns) to target relevant entrepreneurs;
- Monitor the implementation, track, and measure each online campaign and adjust where needed;
- Work with existing and new partners to showcase cohorts of startups using VC4A blog posts;
- Follow up with new business opportunities and set up calls with prospective clients;
- Communicate VC4A offering and services to potential partners;
- Content Management (CMS system): review and edit the content published on the platform by 3rd parties; source, edit and publish blog posts, images, videos, event entries and more;
- Assist the Program Management team in various outreach activities, e.g. social media campaigns and MailChimp newsletter campaigns.
VC4A is building a team of highly organized professionals that have an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments, manage deadlines and work independently.
- Background in Marketing, Communications, Entrepreneurship or Business Studies;
- Genuine interest in innovation, startups and the venture capital space;
- Strong writing/speaking skills in English. French is a plus;
- Experience managing the WordPress CMS. ;
- Understanding of main social media tools and MailChimp newsletter campaigns;
- Experience using Photoshop or other image editing tools with an attention to quality and detail;
- Willingness to assist in testing the rollout of new features for the VC4A.com platforms;
- Able to take initiative, willing to contribute ideas, jump in when needed;
- Customer service oriented, eager to help;
- Deliver when promised;
- Quality and attention to detail matters.
A sincere motivation to promote entrepreneurship development in Africa is a plus.
Joining a motivated team of professionals in the center of Amsterdam dedicated to supporting innovative high growth entrepreneurs in Africa.
- A chance to grow in a work environment with room for personal development and initiative;
- A working experience that fits your career goals. Training and support will be provided;
- A work environment supporting inspiring upcoming innovators across emerging markets;
- Manage outreach channels (a global community) to become the premier network for the African startup community;
- Opportunity to network with sector leaders and other professionals in the field;
- A competitive compensation;
- Local travel costs are reimbursed and daily team lunches are organized for a small fee.
Full/Part-time position: You are preferably based in or around Amsterdam (where our office is located). The position begins as soon as possible.