Senior Director Service Innovation and Marketing
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $40 billion and more than 100,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
Our Thermo Scientific brand in the analytical instruments group offers customers in research, academic, industrial and applied markets a complete range of high-end analytical instruments as well as laboratory equipment, software and services. In the materials and structural analysis division we design, manufacture, and support the broadest range of high-performance microscopy workflows that provide images and answers in the micro-, nano-, and picometer scales. Our worldwide team of 5,500 employees is dedicated to customers’ pursuit accelerating innovation and driving productivity.
The goal of MSD service is to become a world class service organization leveraging innovation and digital transformation, to drive customer business outcomes solutions. The Senior Director Service Innovation & Marketing role is at the forefront of service and solutions thinking, consistently driving the organisations strategic approach towards a digital service and solutions value proposition for our customers. The leader is accountable to develop and deliver the commercial and the technology roadmaps for all Service products and solutions. Services Innovation & Marketing under the same leadership will enable an accelerated Time to Market of the new Services Products, in particular the Digitally driven Value Added Services.
The leader will be responsible of the management of a Service Innovation Group, Services Marketing, Services Sales Operations & enablement and Pricing, will be part of the Electron Microscopy Service leadership team and report to the Electron Microscopy Vice President of Global Service within MSD The leader will work closely with the BU’s, Life Sciences, Material Sciences and Semiconductors to identify opportunities to accelerate revenue for the Service products and meet/exceed the internal stakeholder expectations.
- Develop, implement and lead a Services Products Strategy that maximize customer lifetime value
- Develop, deliver and maintain the Services commercial and Technlogy roadmaps with the relevant stakeholders,Service leaders, R&D, Business Unit Leaders, Sales Management and the Divisional Marketing function
- Develop and maintain a collaboration model with R&D and the BU’s to align seamlessly with stakeholders and leverage syergies between organizations to accelerate growth and increase market differentiation.
- Lead and drive execution of innovation and marketing programs through Ideation focus as well as KPI’s Management
- Responsible for managing the Divisional strategic process for Service Innovation & Marketing in alignment with the relevant stakeholders
- Identify customer needs, market trends, innovations, and product-dependent service requirements to create long-term strategic direction for future services and solutions and communicate and secure infrastructure requirements
- As a member of the Services Leadership team, actively participate to ensure the service organization meets and exceeds AOP and act with agility to adapt to market requirements
- Collaborate with Corporate and Group functions to share best practices as well as leveraging expertise to accelerate the Service Innovationa & Marketing programs Time to Market
- With an operational excellence mindset, Lead, coach and develop the Service Innovation & Marketing teams and build strong leaders for the company
- Experience in defining customer driven business strategy leveraging Innovation, with proven ability to plan, execute and drive the expected results to the market
- Experience and proven ability to drive results through Business Case Management (ROI) leveraging data, KPI’s management and programmatic approach (PPI, Lean, 6-sigma, or similar tools to drive operational and business improvements within a Service / R&D / Product Marketing organization)
- Experience and proven ability to scale organization / function enabling +50% y/y growth rate
- Experience and proven ability in driving results through “Ideation”
- Highly developed commercial and business acumen; an ability to recognize growth and profitability opportunities and capitalize on them
- Experience working in a global organization with demonstrated ability to lead effectively and drive results in a matrixed management operating environment
- Ability to understand, analyze and assimilate complex issues, draw correct conclusions and formulate clear strategy and policies
- Passionate about Innovation and Disruptive thinking, clear ability to lead innovation group and be an out of the box thinker
- High energy level with ability to embrace and model the Thermo Fisher Scientific values of Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement
- Experience and comfort with strategy deployment tools and utilizing
- Experience working in a multinational company with demonstrated ability to lead effectively and drive results in a matrixed management operating environment
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communications skills plus demonstrate strong leadership capabilities
- 15+ years of experience in the Materials and/or Life Sciences Industry, including a background in R&D, marketing, product management, and/or business development;
- Masters degree or equivalent in a relevant engineering domain;
- An additional MBA or equivalent consulting / working experience is strongly preferred, services background preferred;
- Ability to travel up to 40% globally.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 100,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Er is geen minimale opleiding vereist
Wat wij bieden
Parttime - Fulltime